PDA

View Full Version : To Crack or Not To Crack That Is The Question...

FinnAmerican
05-25-2024, 05:14 PM
Do you care for Firecrackers or think they're a waste of time just for noise and unneeded paper mess. Do you shoot them off or pass them by in the fireworks store. I know some pyros actually don't like to shoot Firecrackers, they consider them unwanted noise. Do you try to include incorporate them in your holiday?

RalphieJ
05-26-2024, 09:28 AM
If I was stranded on a desert island and given choice of one type of firework, it would be crackers......all types, all sizes, legal, illegal, vintage, current, ground, aerial, even poppers, adult snaps, torpedoes......the smell, the mess, the NOISE, the neighbor's pain-in-the-ass dog going crazy......I can't live without them....

nightstalker
06-04-2024, 09:32 PM
What RalphieJ said. I've loved firecrackers all my life.

halk
06-06-2024, 05:46 PM
I still buy them for collecting only. Like to save a brick label and a small pack of each. they haven't been worth shooting for almost 50 years now after the 2-grainers bit the dust. CPSC would have banned them completely if not for John Blogin, who reminded the safety-fakers that the Chinese use them for religious purposes. They 'compromised' at the 50mg load we have today.

displayfireworks1
06-07-2024, 10:54 AM
I keep trying to find time to light some of these old firecrackers I randomly collected over the years. If I didn't live in a residential area I would probably buy and shoot them more often.

halk
06-11-2024, 02:10 PM
Have seen quite a few old crackers, both collecible ones and shooters on July 4th Auctions.