PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Mine & Concussion Mortar

PyroFL
05-09-2024, 04:08 PM
I have an idea and looking to see if anyone has done this before.

Doing a 5 gallon fuel mine and my thought is to also do a concussion mortar #3.

So my questions has someone done this before and did it seem to be just to much with the lift charge of the fuel mine going off with the flash report going off all at the same time?

The effect am looking for is the fireball Was from the explosion, bang from the Concussion mortar.

If you have done this before do you have a video you could post.

displayfireworks1
05-09-2024, 04:35 PM
I say to do this all the time . I showed this in one of my sportsman club videos. A gasoline fireball going off does not really make enough noise. When you add a salute going off near the mine it has more of a dramatic effect . Not on the ground but elevated slightly above. If you have a concussion mortar that would also works great. Not sure if I can find that cut video or not. I posted it here before With a firing system you can set both off at the same time

displayfireworks1
05-09-2024, 04:39 PM
Listen how quiet this is on its own .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfEhKeNhwHc&t=5s

displayfireworks1
05-09-2024, 04:51 PM
Here it is at 10:54. I poked into some 1.75 salutes and used them as ground based salutes. A flash pot would be a safer choice. This is a gas mine and salute at the same time. See how it adds to the effect.

https://youtu.be/4XqmyXUXr3U?t=654

PyroFL
05-09-2024, 04:54 PM
That’s what I was thinking Dave.

The fuel mine makes an amazing thump sound but I thought to bring it up a level maybe do both at the same time.

Am not 100% sure what am going to do yet. I need 5 for the show and have 1 spare which I had thought would be great for the 5 gallon mine.

KELLFIRE mike
05-11-2024, 05:40 PM
Dave in the video you have the small jars with a little black powder in the jar. Do you fill the jars up with anything else or do you leave that much space in the jar?

displayfireworks1
05-12-2024, 10:30 AM
Mike, if you back further in that video you will see the bottles are black powder with Titanium .

KELLFIRE mike
05-13-2024, 12:44 PM
Yes I seen that but wasn't sure if you filled them completely up to the top