PDA

View Full Version : Where can you go to learn to do stage pyro for concerts?

KELLFIRE mike
05-07-2024, 08:26 PM
I wanted to see if anybody on here has any directional help. I have a friend that has experience hand firing shows and some IGNITE experience. Where can they go to learn doing stage pyro for big concerts and theatrical productions?

Birdman
05-09-2024, 11:59 AM
Pretty sure you can really only get this sort of experience on the job. I would suggest they try and find a pyro club and/or try to get their foot in the door with any display company. It's likely going to take some networking to seek out this sort of specific opportunity. Posting here is a good first step.

KELLFIRE mike
05-09-2024, 12:59 PM
Pretty sure you can really only get this sort of experience on the job. I would suggest they try and find a pyro club and/or try to get their foot in the door with any display company. It's likely going to take some networking to seek out this sort of specific opportunity. Posting here is a good first step.

My friend shoots with us for Kellner's but we don't venture into that territory. So I was trying to see if there was a company that did a lot of those shows or specialized it those types of shows.

Birdman
05-10-2024, 10:06 AM
Ah OK.....Picture is much clearer now. Awesome that you're helping this person find the work they seek. I guess my advice was correct but as usual for me, too little too late.

KELLFIRE mike
05-10-2024, 06:58 PM
anything is much appreciated. I guess maybe more research on my part.

Salutecake
05-11-2024, 07:57 AM
So about 3 years ago my son and I went to Alabama and took a course offered by (not a member here) one of the bigger Fireworks company in the South and US. So Alabama now requires training, testing, apprentaship for the Stage and Theatrical end. I saw the course advertied in a magazine (not a member here) and decided to sign up for it. The course was sponsered by the Company because they had to get their emplyees tested and trained. The Alabama State Firemarsalls attended the course and tested when it was done.
If anyone has the opportunity to take such a course, I highly recomend it. We worked with guys that did the fireworks for the Super Bowl and concerts for people like Kiss and Taylor Swift, and got to listen, from the workers, the in's and out's of things. By the way, they said Kiss was a pain in the xxx and Taylor Swift got whatever she asked for.

At this point, all I can offer is to check the trade mags, perhaps local clubs, and bigger fireworks companies in your area -- even call some of the places that might have concerts or a stadium near you that might have fireworks goin off and perhaps you'll get a name.

Hope that helps.

KELLFIRE mike
05-11-2024, 01:11 PM
That's great! Ill do some investigating. Can you private message me the (not a member here)