PDA

View Full Version : White strobe fuel help needed

Sanman
04-13-2024, 10:01 PM
Hi I recently am making some strobe fuel but everywhere I look even the videos don't really answer the questions that I have. And it's mainly to do with the ammonium perchlorate and potassium dichromate. The ammonium perchlorine I got is 200 mesh, am I supposed to grind that down to a fine powder? And with the potassium dichromate it comes granular like sand am I supposed to grind that down to a fine powder as well? The rest of the chemicals I have are very fine powdered. I'm using the 60/ 25/15/5 typical white strobe recipe. Thing is when I do grind them down my strobe doesn't look anything at all like the ones I see online. Instead of gray powder with a slight yellow tinge, mine is a lot more yellow from the dichromate. Hopefully someone could point me in the right direction tell me what I'm doing wrong or is that what it's supposed to look like.

displayfireworks1
04-15-2024, 09:22 PM
Give it some time with this post. I hope you get a response to this question. We have a few members that have experience making fireworks that check in from time to time.

Sanman
04-16-2024, 09:04 AM
Thank you I hope so too, I'll be keeping an eye out.

chris v
05-10-2024, 11:53 AM
Yes you should mill your comp but it sounds like you have an excess of PD, the usual formula is as follows
60 AP
21 Mg/al 200 mesh
9 Mg/al 325 mesh
15 Barium sulfate
5 PD
+3 vasoline
Hopefully this will help