PDA

View Full Version : Patriotic Fireworks Store in Elkton Maryland

Will36
03-26-2024, 10:33 AM
I recently learned that this store closed down. I have been going to this store to get most of my consumer fireworks for the last 20 years (lots of good memories) and felt that it was one of the best spots in the northeast for buying fireworks. Plus it was only 1 hour from my house. I am now trying to figure out who I am going to purchase from this year. Does anyone have any recommendations for other firework stores in Maryland?

thomask280
03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
I recently learned that this store closed down. I have been going to this store to get most of my consumer fireworks for the last 20 years (lots of good memories) and felt that it was one of the best spots in the northeast for buying fireworks. Plus it was only 1 hour from my house. I am now trying to figure out who I am going to purchase from this year. Does anyone have any recommendations for other firework stores in Maryland?

There are many stores in Eastern Pa. Not only the chains but independent ones that offer many sale events and wholesale pricing if you purchase in large quantities.

jknepp1954
03-26-2024, 05:34 PM

UNFORTUNEATELY THERE ARE NOT FIREWORKS STORES IN MD ANYMORE.
We would love to see you here in our store in Kylertown PA - KNEPPY'S FIREWORKS. Yes - its a bit of a drive - but we do have folks coming here from east Md/PA.

FinnAmerican
03-26-2024, 06:18 PM
The State of Maryland sounds strict on consumer Fireworks use.
The use of fireworks is illegal in Maryland, unless the fireworks are part of a public display for which the State Fire Marshal has granted a permit. If you want display of fireworks at your home, you must have a permit. All fireworks displays, regardless of location, require the proper permits and insurance.

Will36
03-27-2024, 01:43 PM
That is a shame to hear that there are not any fireworks stores in Maryland. I used to also go to a store in Maryland called elkton sparkler. Some of these locations actually used to manufacture fireworks. What made patriotic so great was the selection, price and no sales tax. I usually do a show with both consumer and professional fireworks and the products sold there blended in well with the professional items. Due to money issues I think we are just going to only do a consumer show this year. If I have time I am going to drive up to Kneppys this year. I watched several of your demos on YouTube and thought you had some really good products. I should also mention that I have been involved with this hobby for a long time and used to post lots of videos and pics on pyroreview and pyrouniverse.

Mattp
03-28-2024, 08:30 PM
yeah,, i was very upset to see this store close as well.. it was such a cool property too,, had a bunch of small bunkers from when it used to be a manufacturer, i was really hoping it was for sale and someone would keep it going!! but guess not

Will36
03-29-2024, 03:24 PM
They did have a really cool property. I was also hoping someone would take over. I had some good memories visiting that place.