PDA

View Full Version : change of residence

Salutecake
03-18-2024, 04:06 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here changed there residence and had an ATF interview afterwards? I was just talking to a guy that moved, I guess filled out the paper work for a change of address for his 54 and now has an interview comming up.
I said I never did that but I'll ask around. He is just curious if this is going to be like a whole new interview or more of a yep you are here now instead of there.

Got me wondering too.

Arclight
03-18-2024, 04:32 PM
Nornally, ATF lets you make corrections to the application during your interview. But he might want to reach out to his inspector prior to the visit.

displayfireworks1
03-18-2024, 08:48 PM
Is this a renewal or a new application? You are referencing a renewal correct. You also need to address the distance difference from your contingency ( assuming you do not have your own magazine)

Salutecake
03-19-2024, 07:01 AM
Oh no, sorry - no renewal - just moving to a new build home about 20 miles away. I believe he told me that if you move you must notify the ATF (I guess within so many days) I'm sure some kind of paperwork involved. So he notified them he is oving and now he has an Inspector coming (soon I think).
He was wondering if this was going to be just a quick inspection - like just probably filling out new forms to change his license and such or do they go through the whole inspection process like the every 3 year thing?

I think it's a time thing - how much time to take off of work to meet with the inspector, an hour or 4 hours.

Sorry for the confusion.

And when I hear back I'll let the greoup know what he went through, just to let you know "if you move" situation.

BMoore
03-19-2024, 08:45 AM
Is it possible that he moved, but is also due for a 3-year renewal interview? They tend to be doing those about 4-6 months before expiration. Yes, you do have to notify the ATF if you have moved, but I've never heard of that triggering a special inspection. Of course, the ATF can conduct an inspection anytime they want so for planning purposes I'd treat it just like any other renewal inspection.

Salutecake
03-19-2024, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the reply BMoore

Well I sent a text out to him this morning after I put the post up, so his license is good till august of 2025, and a women ATF inspector was coming today around now 11 am. So I'll text later on and see what went on. I'll keep you posted, lol.

Salutecake
03-19-2024, 12:18 PM
Ok they ended up talking about the new house more than anything - filled out a change of address form (which I think he already did) No inspection.

displayfireworks1
03-19-2024, 05:09 PM
Curious what state did all this occur in? At first I thought this was just an early inspection ahead of a soon to expire ATF license but with that license expiring in 2025 it was not that. It sounds like they physically came to the residence for the purpose of a new address only. I assume there is no storage at that address. That is why I am curious what state this is. For some reason I do not see the ATF guys in Pennsylvania coming to a residence when no physical inspection is necessary. But hey who knows.

Salutecake
03-20-2024, 08:29 AM
In PA Philly area. No storage, and yes that was it, I guess basically a physical visit to verify the address. Maybe a new proceedure or maybe it's a slow time and justifying their positions.

Arclight
03-20-2024, 04:43 PM
I think only a small percentage of the ATF field employees do the explosive stuff, and I get the impression that they aren't super busy. I reported a missing UPS shipment of 1.4S goods to ATF, and they did something to make UPS find it the next day.

displayfireworks1
03-21-2024, 10:31 AM
I think only a small percentage of the ATF field employees do the explosive stuff, and I get the impression that they aren't super busy. I reported a missing UPS shipment of 1.4S goods to ATF, and they did something to make UPS find it the next day.

Arclight remember you are in California. Last I checked they were not many explosive licensee in your state. Here in Pennsylvania they are at least a few hundred or more. I would guess the Pittsburgh regional ATF is probably one of the busiest as far as the explosive industry division.
I would be curious what division handle things like house explosion. Here in the Pittsburgh area a house recently exploded. Its assumed it was natural gas because he had a private gas well. I heard on the news the ATF was also called in to investigate.

Mattp
03-25-2024, 08:42 PM
sorry i kind of skimmed through this post, so not sure if it was fully answered, but i have done this, yes you have to notify them within a certain time period, i cant remember anymore if it was 10 or 30 day prior to moving, but wasnt a big deal, they sent updated 54 to my new address,, no inspection or anything like that