PDA

View Full Version : Storage Insurance?

JustinH
03-10-2024, 01:13 AM
Hello all,

I have an odd topic I've never considered before now.
I've recently acquired a container I'll be using for storage (only for consumer items), and I'm curious if anyone has insurance on their storage in case of a break-in. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but with these items being what they are and how valuable they are I'm curious if there are any companies that will actually cover it.

Thanks in advance.

displayfireworks1
03-10-2024, 08:11 AM
Assuming it's on your property add external structure to your homeowners insurance. Then you put a value on it. Similar to adding a framed shed. I am not an insurance expert but that's my take on it. As far as shooting fireworks, my insurance man told me if I'm shooting from my property I'm covered. Problem is I don't have much property I live residential. LOL

JustinH
03-10-2024, 01:20 PM
Assuming it's on your property add external structure to your homeowners insurance. Then you put a value on it. Similar to adding a framed shed. I am not an insurance expert but that's my take on it. As far as shooting fireworks, my insurance man told me if I'm shooting from my property I'm covered. Problem is I don't have much property I live residential. LOL

This would be easier if it was on mine. It's on a lot I'm renting the space in, from a family member. As I don't have the room to put it on my own.

Arclight
03-10-2024, 04:37 PM
This would be easier if it was on mine. It's on a lot I'm renting the space in, from a family member. As I don't have the room to put it on my own.

You might be able to get a rider on your regular homeowners policy.