PDA

View Full Version : Contingency storage restrictions

Salivengo
02-23-2024, 02:54 PM
I got my inspection coming up and the inspector informed me that my contingency storage needs to be within 2 hours of my shoot sight; their office is enforcing this. I am currently located 3 hours from my contingency storage/which I buy through. Anyone else have this happen?

displayfireworks1
02-23-2024, 03:38 PM
I bet he didn’t inform you in writing, was it verbal? Did he call? Are you already licensed and if you are licensed did you use this same contingency last time? Did you already submit the renewal with the written contingency included in the renewal and it made I through the system and he called you before processing the application on his end? Lot of information not included in your post.

Salivengo
02-23-2024, 06:01 PM
I'm already licensed this is my first renewal. I haven't submitted anything yet he gave me a call today to set up an inspection time for renewal and informed me their office is enforcing a 2-hour max for contingency storage.

displayfireworks1
02-23-2024, 08:47 PM
Sure I don not mind typing the same questions a second time. if you are licensed did you use this same contingency last time? Was your plan to use the same contingency as last time when it was approved? or are you planning to use a new contingency? Or you have no plan? I am trying to ascertain if you are using the same contingency this time does it have historic approval to the same location? Are the locations the same? For example your shoot site , where you live stc.

Salutecake
02-24-2024, 07:30 AM
Other options to consider, is there a shoot site within the 2hrs of your storage. Is there a club you can join that shoots within the 2hr, how about shooting for a company within the 2 hrs.

Hey Dave, I have heard about this 2 hrthing for a while, is it actually written down somewhere?

displayfireworks1
02-24-2024, 08:41 PM
A point to ponder in regard to a “Contingency Plan”. If you look at this from a business standpoint, does that also mean a fireworks display business with only magazines on their property are geographically limited to only sell and shoot fireworks displays that are geographically located within 2 hours of their facility? What is their contingency plan to sell and shoot fireworks displays that are 6 hours away from their storage magazines? Are there separate regulations to differentiate advanced privately licensed fireworks users? Or does all of this only apply to initial licensure?

BMoore
02-25-2024, 11:39 AM
Whenever they ask where I shoot I always tell them I don’t know. In fact, that’s the truth. It’s not like I have a legal contract to shoot private shows. Situations change and new opportunities arise. You are not obligated to have a designated shoot site at the time of licensing. The real question should be are you capable of shooting legally? Does your distributor have open shoots you might attend? Is there a club closer to the distributor? Any friends or family with properties you could theoretically shoot on?

Salutecake
02-26-2024, 08:13 AM
Nice addition BMoore!