PDA

View Full Version : 1.4G "airburst" cakes, recommendations?

KDirk
01-18-2024, 05:19 PM
I've already been looking for 1.4G airburst cakes, and so far am not finding a lot of selection of availability. Does anyone have suggestions for specific product by name/catalog number? I already have compiled search terms to include thunder, tuono, snowball and airburst. Then there is the "s word" (I know, don't call it a s***te) but a cursory search of some of the major suppliers isn't showing a lot.

American has some Tannerite M-25's (are these still in production? I see some discussion on YouTube comments that they aren't, seems inconclusive) and a couple of whistle to thunder types, but I am seeing videos of color tail to snowball and a few other varieties on YouTube that have not turned up for purchase anywhere I've looked yet.

I've done Dave's AP cert, so am presently limited to those distributors who have signed on to accept that as a 1.4G credential.

Am I too early yet in the year for distributors to have finalized their catalog, or am I just not searching correctly? Really looking forward to adding some of these to my finale this 4th.

displayfireworks1
01-18-2024, 06:38 PM
As the pyro season slowly gets here I am hoping to add more distributors to the list that will accept the certificate. The cakes I used in my New Years Eve video were from BaDaboom , I thought they sounded great. They accept the certificate and most likely ship to your location. American Fireworks , RKM and others on the list all have good products. If you trying to buy locally tell some of those locations to send me an email. I'll explain to them how it works.

KDirk
01-18-2024, 07:30 PM
Thanks Dave. I was specifically looking for the ones you used in your New Year's Eve video that was posted as I thought those went off pretty nicely. Spirit of 76 is closest to me geographically, being a couple of hours away. I may give my rep a call and see if I can persuade them to get on board with your cert. Barring that, I can order elsewhere and have shipped. I picked my order up in person at SO76 last year, but with time constraints due to my work schedule and the aggravation of driving the interstate to get there being under construction starting this year sometime, I'm more inclined to eat the shipping cost regardless of where I order from.

That said, being an existing customer, I would sort of like to maintain my working relationship with Spirit, but we'll see what happens. I would split my order, but won't be purchasing as much this year as I did last, because I have quite a lot left over from 2023 (went overboard on my purchase of artillery shell by nearly double). I'd also like to add some more firing modules if I find a good deal pop up on clean used Cobra hardware. I might even consider doing some Firelinx if I found the right deal, as I think their setup is slick, but not so sure I want two separate systems in use. I see you have and use both though.

Birdman
01-19-2024, 11:04 AM
I did not know BaDaboom accepted your cert.. Great news to learn. I'll be reaching out to them at some point in the near future.

displayfireworks1
01-19-2024, 09:12 PM
Near the top of the page where I offer the AP Certificate is a list of distributors that accept the certificate towards purchase.
https://www.pyrotalk.com/ap-certificate.php