PDA

View Full Version : Article reviews

Salutecake
12-30-2023, 08:00 AM
If anyone has the ambition, I would like to hear some reviews on any of the new article products, if anyone has any or should I say used any?

Thanks

displayfireworks1
12-30-2023, 03:07 PM
My impression on some of the Articles of Pyrotechnic “Pro” cakes is, some of the airburst (don’t say salute) are not as loud as a traditional Thunder King more like the old Firing Squad 1.3 cakes. Some of the cakes are E-Fire only and some have E-Fire and a green fuse. Then again some have just a green fuse and no E-Fire. I also noticed some are just regular Consumer Fireworks with ports. With the new Pro cakes there are many variations out there. I’m sure if you look hard enough you will find real 1.3 cakes mislabeled as 1.4 Pro.
On the single shot 1.4 Pro category that appears to have stayed the same.

KDirk
12-31-2023, 02:32 PM
I too would be curious to see feedback from those who have already used some of this product. I've not purchased any yet, and probably won't until March or April at the earliest, as I'll plan to incorporate some into my July 4th show for 2024. No new years shoot for me, regrettably. Would be great to have some solid information and recommendations on what was good, and, what was disappointing, before I order sight unseen.

I am going to purchase some "airburst" cakes, although I do understand they aren't up to par with what we ordinarily think of as salutes. So be it, as a non-professional without the needed ATF cert (and unlikely to go out for one , as this is strictly a hobby for me) I'll just have to live with the limitations of regular consumer and 1.4G product. At least I'll have a much better equipped Cobra system for next year, having picked up a number of additional firing modules (bringing me to 216 cues total) and an audio box now.

Salutecake
12-31-2023, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the pics and post Dave. Hopefully in the near future they will begin to at least try to standardize the Pro stuff. At least give the Pro stuff a fuse and a port like the 1.3 stuff.

Good to know about the "airburst" cakes. I think I'm going to add a few more 2.5 racks jut for some salute chains instead of those "airburst" cakes.

JustinH
01-09-2024, 05:02 PM
I've been using Night Owl/RKM 1.4pro. All good so far. It's true some "airburst" aren't quite as loud, but I've had many that still hit quite hard. I've been happy with everything I've bought from them. I do have videos if anyone is interested.