PDA

View Full Version : Up Coming Show - Watch Live

PyroFL
12-26-2023, 05:05 PM
Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas with families as we did.

Its been a few years from the the last time we did a New Year's show and it's time to clear out the garage again from so many one off extra cakes I've had for a few years.

Subscribe and watch LIVE New Year's Eve

www.youtube.com/@pyroFL863 (http://www.youtube.com/@pyroFL863)

And for those that like Halloween our pyro crew did a haunted house for the 2nd year that is on our YouTube channel. Sadly no fireworks or fire machines ... maybe next year

PyroFL
12-26-2023, 05:14 PM
Nothing to crazy small show and some testing for next year. Only thing in the stash we're not using is the water cakes.

Birdman
12-27-2023, 11:08 AM
I'll try and catch it! If not I'll catch it on replay.

PyroFL
12-28-2023, 09:39 AM
They Birdman!

The full video will be up in a few weeks after new years when our editor has time between school and work to work on it if you miss out.

We have 3 pyro families that are on vacation and Rick In Tampa now has to work that night and wouldn’t make it back to Tampa in time after the show.

So the show will be live for all of them to enjoy and anyone who would like to watch.

I can tell you this was one of my most challenging shows I’ve done. One of the pyro guys on our team picked the 2 songs that are fast paced and after looking over our stock most of the cakes are slow paced cakes (why they were not used) So I ended up timing a few cakes 1/2s to 1s apart to make a fast pace cake during the show.

The thing that saved me is I have over 600/700 single shots of mines/coments/dragon eggs/meteors and so on in my garage to play with. Not all the colors and effects I would had picked, but hey we get a firework show.

It will be a nice practice run for the 4th which I start scripting January 11th

- Go Big or Go Bigger -

Next year we’re going BIGGER

Birdman
12-28-2023, 02:10 PM
The live stream won't be available afterwords for replay? If not, I can wait for the video to be posted. I hope to catch it live. We're switching our new year plans up this year because my son is home from the army. I'm hoping we will be at our final destination (house party) by the time your show starts so I can tune in.

PyroFL
12-28-2023, 03:01 PM
Am hoping it will be live or it will be one hour record earlier.

The shot site is out in the sticks and am going out tomorrow night to test the streaming to see if I have 5G or not.

Worse case if not, we will do the show an hour earlier and I will rush home and upload it.

We will leave it up for 24 hours if that’s the case.

All new to the YouTube streaming so not sure after the event if it will stay up or not … guess I need to ask a 15 year old … LOL

displayfireworks1
12-28-2023, 07:21 PM
You sure got a lot of single shot AP firings. Looks like a professional set up.

PyroFL
12-29-2023, 07:30 AM
Dave,

We all agreed ONLY to do one board and whatever we could get on it (2’x8’).

3 boards, 136 single shots and 4 gas mines later we have our small don’t go crazy new year’s show.

We’re all blaming my wife, who when we started talking about doing the show she said “This better not be a lame A** show”.

When an Irish/jewish wife whose family is from Brooklin speaks you listen.

Engineer Cat
12-30-2023, 08:11 PM
Dave,

We all agreed ONLY to do one board and whatever we could get on it (2’x8’).

3 boards, 136 single shots and 4 gas mines later we have our small don’t go crazy new year’s show.

We’re all blaming my wife, who when we started talking about doing the show she said “This better not be a lame A** show”.

When an Irish/jewish wife whose family is from Brooklin speaks you listen.

Looking forward to it Charlie. I'm having a few people over including the the lead shooter of our crew so for sure we will be watching. Shoot me a text when you know what time you'll be shooting.

Yesterday forum member (and crew member) Ant2004STI texted me saying he decided to put together a little show with some 1.4 pro items and asked if I can help him plan it out. Short 5 minute show he's shooting with Cobra. 5 positions , comets, mines, bulk shells and 2 compound cakes. The compound cakes chain together and ends up being 8 cakes in total. I quickly put something together in FWsim and manually created the script from the time line. It's not a pyromusical so not very difficult to throw together in 12 hours once I had the layout planned. I don't know if he's streaming it but he will post video at some point.

I decided not to crew on a NYE show cause I just don't want to be traveling far with all the crazies that can't drive when they are sober out driving drunk. So was happy to help him out.

12 - WPL50SS 02 RDRB
24 - WPL40SS 03 ST
1 - RIAKEO compound cake JLP2359 JLP2360 JLP2361 JLP2362
1 - RACCOON compund cake RA180S45X4 HYPER BEAST
100 - Cans mix of Raccoon 5" assorted tiger tails and nashiki willows RA144001 / RA144002

Here's the layout.

PyroFL
12-31-2023, 02:24 PM
Hey Pyros Update:

Show will be at 9:15 EST @ https://youtu.be/lTd6jusa3gc?feature=shared (http://youtu.be/lTd6jusa3gc?feature=shared)

Long story short, we had to move our show to Friday night as my son unexpectedly had to fly out 2 days early (today) and would had missed the show.

Show is live recorded with no editing from one side angle.

I was just texting with Gene, in the middle of each song I tested some new Sequencers that 100% didn’t work with Cobra (frustrating). So when you see 6-7 sec delay that was going to be the test sequences filling in on top of cobra.

I’ll have to do more testing before I sale them but as of now they don’t work. I’ll update more on them later.

As for the show it was on very short notice and had a lot of fun testing some ideas I was telling Tampa Rick and Ed about. Just needs a few adjustments … am now ready to start scripting the 4th.

Hope everyone enjoys their new year and be safe

“Go Big or Go Bigger”

displayfireworks1
01-03-2024, 08:42 AM
I saw you added a little gasoline fire ball effect in the show. Looked like a nice shoot site.

PyroFL
01-03-2024, 01:49 PM
Our new location is amazing and we’re very lucky to have it so close to home.

2nd time using fireballs. On the fourth we used two 2 gallon and this time we used four.

Even the neighbors got to enjoy it

I believe this lady is going to be a little bit shocked come the Fourth of July when we up to seven with a 5 gallon.

KDirk
01-04-2024, 01:10 PM
^ Ha, a Karen posting about an explosion that "shook the house". But of course; can't allow anyone to have a good time without publicly complaining. Just hope she doesn't figure out the source, or she'll probably try to get you shut down.

PyroFL
01-04-2024, 01:38 PM
We're all legal not to worried about it.

Someone did send the fire department out, we assume fireworks Karen did.

My adult kids spoke to them as they were leaving and showed them the video. They thought it was amazing but they did seem upset we didn't invite them to see show and asked if we could speak to the Fire Chief about having them out there on the 4th.

Our city Fire Chief (different Chief) lives 2 houses away who comes to our show each year. The plan is to speak to him and see about making a trip up the road 6 miles to speak with the other Fire Chief about getting his crew out there for the 4th this year.

KDirk
01-04-2024, 02:28 PM
Well, there you go. Ingratiate yourself to the local FD, and it should be all good. I'd still be concerned about a police dispatch though. Fourth of July is probably a somewhat different situation, it is pretty well expected to hear fireworks then, versus NYE. I've always been a little uneasy about new years shoots, and I'm only doing consumer grade, and only where municipal ordinance allows for it.

I did nothing this year for NYE, choosing to save the inventory and funds for a bigger show on 7/4. But "fireworks Karens" are an ever present issue, and one that seems to be getting worse. Even being legal is no assurance one won't get hassled if some stick in the mud squawks about it.