PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh 2009 Pyrotecnico / Zambelli

displayfireworks1
12-16-2023, 07:13 PM
Pittsburgh 2009 Pyrotecnico / Zambelli Newspaper Article and brief local history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0IkhumwF0

displayfireworks1
12-16-2023, 07:14 PM

Salutecake
12-17-2023, 09:57 AM
So I have to admitt I have not ever watched a TV presentation of a fireworks show all the way through, at least i don't believe I have. You know the typical showsd in D.C, and NYC.
I know I have never watched a live Zambelli production.

So my question from the above comments, Do fireworks companies advertize? I don't remember seeing many names of companies being shown, even on the smaller local level, the local fire company might post fireworks at 10 following the carnival.

I'm sure I wrong but it just seems that way.

Blaster
12-17-2023, 12:00 PM
Back in-the-Day,,, when I worked for Zambelli (Now I'm Pyrotecnico and they are taking over) business was done differently, maybe not so differently ;), but that Politically Connected meant Graft. Paying public officials for the contract, George knew how to Grease the Wheels....

BMoore
12-20-2023, 09:52 AM
So I have to admitt I have not ever watched a TV presentation of a fireworks show all the way through, at least i don't believe I have. You know the typical showsd in D.C, and NYC.
I know I have never watched a live Zambelli production.

So my question from the above comments, Do fireworks companies advertize? I don't remember seeing many names of companies being shown, even on the smaller local level, the local fire company might post fireworks at 10 following the carnival.

I'm sure I wrong but it just seems that way.

Generally speaking, I'd say you are correct. The fireworks company is a contractor to the event so you have to be careful about advertising. It's not your show. If you make a misstep and say "Come see ABC Firework Co.'s show tonight" instead of "County fair Fireworks show tonight" that could carry legal ramifications. Also, events like carnivals, etc. usually have strict rules on vendor advertising. Typically you can advertise from your own booth, etc. but stepping out and advertising on the general grounds is prohibited. So in general, all you are going to see is perhaps a listing of upcoming shows you'll be shooting or links to events via social media but very little active event advertising.

Salutecake
12-20-2023, 10:06 AM
Thanks BMoore! That makes a lot of sense.