PDA

View Full Version : NOPE that's a lie lol

topshelfpyro
11-27-2023, 11:28 AM
Igniters
After choosing your remote and firing module configuration, you will want to purchase igniters. COBRA offers both Clip-On Igniters and MJG Initiators, explained below. Both Clip-On Igniters and MJG Initiators are available with and without Quickplugs at the same price. Quantity discounts are also available and are listed on the individual product pages.

The below pricing includes our Black Friday Sale discounts!

Nope they charge an additional $4.40 for quickplugs per box.

Mattp
01-14-2024, 09:00 AM
not sure if you saw. right around that black friday time they sent out an email saying those prices were all about to change.. and will have a substantial increase.. so i ordered like 2 years worth at the old pricing.. and then a week later they sent another email saying they were able to get the price increases down a little,, LOL... but ya so now they are slightly different prices .. which makes sense to me... to put on a plastic clip with a copper shunt on each one.. cost more to manufacture

topshelfpyro
01-14-2024, 08:55 PM
That was advertised on their website until Dec 2023 when I called them out on it........

MontanaMike
03-24-2024, 01:51 AM
There are still videos on their website that say quickplugs are no extra charge. Is this a “lie?” I would call it more of an oversight. When things change within a company, it’s virtually impossible to scour the entire internet or years worth of videos in order to make sure everything out there is completely accurate. The best thing is always to rely on the most recent information available and contact the company if there are any questions. Accusing them of lying is not the answer, especially when speaking of cobra which has the best customer service reputation I’ve ever seen.

topshelfpyro
03-31-2024, 12:04 PM
There are still videos on their website that say quickplugs are no extra charge. Is this a “lie?” I would call it more of an oversight. When things change within a company, it’s virtually impossible to scour the entire internet or years worth of videos in order to make sure everything out there is completely accurate. The best thing is always to rely on the most recent information available and contact the company if there are any questions. Accusing them of lying is not the answer, especially when speaking of cobra which has the best customer service reputation I’ve ever seen.

This is kinda old but.....

When you are advertising in writing on YOUR website "no extra charge" in multiple places it's a "lie" or false advertising. Excuses for a giant company to "miss" something on THEIR website that has dedicated people to maintaining THEIR website is a joke.

MontanaMike
04-26-2024, 08:17 PM
This is kinda old but.....

When you are advertising in writing on YOUR website "no extra charge" in multiple places it's a "lie" or false advertising. Excuses for a giant company to "miss" something on THEIR website that has dedicated people to maintaining THEIR website is a joke.

Hmm, well I can't presume to speak for Cobra, but I've been in business myself for 40+ years and to accuse a company of "false advertising" is a pretty serious charge.

First of all, Cobra is not a giant company. WalMart is a giant company. General Motors is a giant company. Cobra is a relatively small company. Their whole staff fits into one photo. So their site has a mistake on it. Instead of trying to publicly smear them on this forum, have you written to them directly about it? Who knows if anyone there has noticed this thread? They may not be aware of the mistake and would thank you for letting them know. Or maybe they've put in a website change request but their developer hasn't gotten around to making the update yet. (Many developers service dozens of sites.) You wanna know? Ask them!

I'm not saying it's OK that they have that incorrect information in there, but to call it "false advertising" is ridiculous. False advertising means an intentionally misleading claim, such as "You can also use your Cobra system as a defibrillator." (No, you can't, but that would be kinda cool.) Like I said earlier, this is more of an oversight. People (and companies) are allowed to make mistakes. There is probably something somewhere in their terms-and-conditions that says "prices and specifications are subject to change."

BMoore
04-26-2024, 10:09 PM
A giant company? I think they have about 10 employees. Definitely not a giant company. I am a little surprised the video is still on the website since I know people have pointed it out to them. I don’t think it rises to the level of false advertising, but I do feel that the lingering reminders of a benefit they couldn’t sustain is a little strange.