PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Fireworks Truck Accident

FinnAmerican
11-01-2023, 06:40 PM
https://youtu.be/0RDwwvlMZVA

displayfireworks1
11-02-2023, 01:01 PM
This event reminds of something similar that happened in United States when a Consumer Fireworks truck caught fire enroute on the highway. It burned very similar. The part I remember was the news release comment from Julie Heckman of the APA. I wish I remembered the exact quote , it went something along the lines of the product doing exactly what it supposed to do …… She was referencing the fact that Consumer fireworks don’t mass detonate by design and burn slowly in the event of a fire. I remember thinking how creative to make a positive comment about a negative event. This is why when things go wrong for APA members they direct comments to Julie. What happened? I don't know ask Julie. LOL

KDirk
11-04-2023, 02:06 PM
I'd not given much thought to that before, but it is interesting that it went off more like a planned show, instead of all at once with much more catastrophic results, as has been seen numerous times with display (1.3 class) fireworks factories and storage facilities in the US being destroyed by an unintended ignition. The difference in design and composition of those products versus 1.4 becomes quite evident then. Or from the periodic commerical show mishap (one in San Diego some years ago comes to mind) where the whole barge worth went up in under a minute, to spectacular effect.