PDA

View Full Version : Procedure for renewal of AP cert

KDirk
10-17-2023, 01:28 AM
Dave, I just joined up here and wanted to covey my appreciation for the work you've done (and continue to do) to expand the scope and enjoyment of fireworks/pyrotechnics for those of us interested in doing more than just small hand lit shows in our backyards. Information on this forum, along with numerous YouTube videos on multiple different systems, was what finally convinced me to buy a Cobra system (after considering other pro systems also discussed here) this past spring.

I've done a lot of reading here the last several months when I had spare time to browse the forums (prior to registering) and have already gleaned a lot of useful information. I do have a question I didn't see covered anywhere so far (and I did spend time looking).

Your AP certification program for 1.4G product - which I intend to purchase next week - is good for a two year term. What is the procedure for renewing it at (or prior) to it's expiration? Does one simply purchase it again, or is there some other process in place that perhaps I've missed here?

Appreciate any clarification you can give on that.

displayfireworks1
10-17-2023, 07:22 PM
As I said in the past many fireworks enthusiast read the forums but may not sign up for an account. The advantage of having a registered account is when you sign in you can then view all of the pictures that may be part of the postings.
The Articles of Pyrotechnic certificate is good for two years. I recently added an additional educational video to the program that includes the new “Pro” products. My plan is continue to add additional educational material as this category of pyrotechnics grows. For example now there are two educational videos with the program. I am getting more inquiries from distributors and retail locations looking to sell these “Pro” products to advanced users, thus I expect to add more locations that will accept the pyrotalk education certificate. With renewing every two years and my adding continuing education to the program it is going to make the distributors value the program and adding you as a safe educated customer with the right verified firing system. In addition to being a customer that keeps up with the category. This is nothing new, continuing education programs are very common in many professions. My program is very convenient online and competitively priced.
I find it amusing you did not purchase the program the first time and have concerns about renewal two years from now. Or is the curiosity more about what I do? You can renew with the same certificate number or obtain a new number. Either way a record of education is kept in the database, all advanced firing system ownership is verified plus I have additional security measures in place to keep the integrity of the program. A distributor on the list can verify the legitimacy of the certificate at any time. If a distributor is not on my AP listing page, they are NOT participating in the program, even if they accept it. If they want officially added, they are free to email me.
Finally, don’t wait to purchase it next week. Buy it after you read this post. .

Link to the Pyrotalk AP Certificate

https://www.pyrotalk.com/ap-certificate.php

KDirk
10-17-2023, 10:53 PM
Ok, that's all good information. I was only going to wait until next week because I likely won't have any time to watch the videos this week with my work schedule and other stuff going on.

I was only curious about renewal since I didn't see it mentioned specifically, so wanted to know what process would be involved when the time came. I'll get it purchased straight away and then complete "the program" as soon as I have the time.

Happy to hear also that there are likely to be more distributors added. I bought from SO76 last year and was quite pleased with their products and service. They are about a 2 hour drive away so picked up my order in person at the warehouse. Thanks again.