PDA

View Full Version : Storage methods

JustinH
09-23-2023, 05:49 PM
For those with personal storage, I'm curious about a few things.
Are there any issues with over winter storage? For those who store consumer items in containers, do you add any kind of vapor barrier or insulation? I'm mainly interested to know if there are any effects to product exposed to freezing conditions.

Thanks in advance

displayfireworks1
09-25-2023, 08:00 AM
I do think it about the temperature, I would worry about moisture in the storage area.

wingman
09-25-2023, 03:07 PM
For those with personal storage, I'm curious about a few things.
Are there any issues with over winter storage? For those who store consumer items in containers, do you add any kind of vapor barrier or insulation? I'm mainly interested to know if there are any effects to product exposed to freezing conditions.

Thanks in advance

I've heard the cold is definitely not friendly to fireworks that have whistle mix in them. The contraction of the mix from tubes can cause misfires or cato.

JustinH
09-26-2023, 06:33 PM
I do think it about the temperature, I would worry about moisture in the storage area.

So long as moisture/humidity is controlled, freezing temperatures itself can't cause issues can it? There has to be countless magazines/containers with product stored year round, but I can't seem to find more information on it.

PyromusicalAddiction
10-01-2023, 02:07 PM
I have stored fireworks over the span of two years and have not noticed any deterioration. I have a storage unit near my home and I purchase my next years fireworks in there each fall. (I make my purchases in August/September and store them… I take advantage of the clearance prices :))

RalphieJ
10-14-2023, 01:15 PM
Cherry bombs made in 1966, stored in their original box in an unheated attached garage, still perform as intended.