View Full Version : NFA Convention Quick Summary . Pro products

displayfireworks1
09-23-2023, 12:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkbSyRpJnDw

displayfireworks1
09-23-2023, 12:15 PM

Salutecake
09-25-2023, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the summary Dave! I hope they get this stuff straighten out.

Just a couple of points?questions, lol. So on the Electronic fire only with just a port, what happens when that doesn't work and there is no visco backup fuse, just wondering if the manufatcurers had an answer to this.
I'm glad you mentioned fireworks from Brazil. A lot of post say Italian - Brazil and so on are better than the Chinese? I'm going with your review because I am not sure if I ever saw fireworks (1.3) other than Mexico (live) , and video's of Italian
1.3, so my knowledge is limited other than chinese and some Mecican.
So I will take your opinion and for now I will stay away from them, until I see some up close.

Last, and I will probably repeat this, our lawyers and insurane companies, right away they are the first to put a damper on things, they don't ever seem to try to stop stuff, the insurance compaies will use this to tell you you need insurance, the lawyers, just want to defend or sue anyone if anything happens. If you ever travel abroad, it's rare to see fences and signs around old ruins or trails blocked in the US im surprized they don't have table outside these events with lawyers and insurance company reps to buy extra insurance and sign up with a lawyer before entering the event.

Again thanks for the summary - and sorry for any mispells - traveling + typing on phone + old

displayfireworks1
09-25-2023, 07:57 AM
The limited amount of AP Pro products I worked with , the cakes that had primary ports also had a Visco fuse. The single shot firing and slice firing only had E-Fire ports. Then again, some of the new Pro cakes only had Visco fuse and no provision for E-Fire.
Speaking with American Fireworks Hudson Ohio at the recent NFA convention. This is where I originally started the Pyrotalk AP continuing education program in 2018. American Fireworks was the first one to accept it and helped me develop the program. There has not been a single reported untoward event from 2018 going forward with the AP products from certificate holders. I will soon be adding a second education video to the AP certificate. I am sure most advanced users of pyrotechnics understand these products , they just need to prove it to the distributor that they are more than a casual consumer customer.