PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Request....If you want to support Army recruits.

Birdman
08-25-2023, 10:41 PM
Dave...Feel free to delete this post as I totally understand it's off topic.

However, my son who recently enlisted in the Army and is currently in basic training was given 5 minutes to use his phone. The reason was to promote the following Instagram page he is serving under:

https://www.instagram.com/easy_co_2_29in/

If they can get 1500 followers by tomorrow afternoon they won't get smoked for losing the challenge. For those of you that don't know what being "smoked" is just think of it as the most intense workout you ever had. If you served...then you know. They're going to get smoked for something anyway but this is the first request my son has made since joining so I feel I need to do something to help him and his buddies out. He graduates basic training at the end of September so you can stop following in Oct., or anytime you want. My guess is they will smoke them even if followers drop below the goal anytime during basic training....or for sure something else. But if you can help them, and me, out it will be appreciated!

To try and keep this as on topic as possible here's my son fusing my MCR's for this years 4th show, shortly before he had to report for duty:

Birdman
08-26-2023, 12:34 PM
Just wanted to thank anyone that may have helped out and let you know that they did meet their goal. I spoke to my sons fiancée and the goal was actually 1400, not 1500. We may find out for sure Sunday if he gets his usual call.

Thanks again!

Birdman
08-27-2023, 08:39 PM
I got a call tonight and he confirmed they didn't get smoked because they met their goal and were given a rather "easy" day as a reward. He told me to thank everybody that helped them out. Not sure if anyone here gave it a follow but just in case....

Another thank you from me too!