View Full Version : my main 4th of July display shot in mid August

hatsgoods
08-20-2023, 04:50 PM
this is my main display i shot this past weekend in mid August due to a major drought we had the lasted about 1.5 months of no raid just dead dry everything around us. well it rained last week and the weekend before that giving us plenty of green grass and trees to shoot around safely. i didn't get any setup vids due to we where crunched on time of daylight and i did not get any ground zero footage except when hand lighting the shells that the sequencer did not trigger for some reason. i did get a quick vid of the moments of prepping the shoot site for the day. run time is around 34 mins.

https://vimeo.com/856228609

RalphieJ
08-21-2023, 09:03 AM
This is how our backyard show is paced, with lots of comments ("what was THAT?"), giggles and laughs, "take your time" as someone lathers another hot dog with mustard or reaches into the beverage cooler. Each piece is critiqued with good-natured sarcasm, with me adding corny comments ("This one is called Monkeys on a Bad LSD Trip Violating Heaven") No music needed, the crickets and katydids do a fine job of filling in the blanks. Nobody is in a hurry for it to end. Nice job Kelli..........