PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Trade Data United States

displayfireworks1
08-10-2023, 09:09 PM
I was in communication with an Academic from a law school in Japan. He is working on commercial trade of fireworks. I provided him with some contact people here in United States. In turn he shared some of his data for United States. Part of his project is: Is fireworks usage increasing or decreasing around the world? I was more than happy to help and really did not ask for anything. He decided to share this data for United States.

On a side note, when looking at the data. I am trying to figure out why was there a dramatic increase in 2011 of Net Weight but not a corresponding increase in Trade Value that year comparatively using the previous year’s cost/KG as a value of cost/net wt. ? Then in 2012 the net weight goes down and Trade Value goes up! Must be the weight of those dam clay plugs. LOL
I guess if you are a student of research and/or mathematics etc you can analysis this data in multiple ways, trade value/pound over the years adjusted for inflation etc. Either way, something interesting to review for the industry as a whole here in United States.
Sorry I need to add the data is in KG and not per pound . I guess first KG needs converted to pound and then cost per pound .

You may need to sign on to your pyrotalk forums account to review the .xlsm Excel document.

Mattp
08-17-2023, 07:45 AM
sure looks like usage is going up on a pretty steady rise... i feel like 2011 has to be a typo.. but is very odd for someone who seems very organized not to catch and correct it....for it to more than double in weight for one year only.. doesnt make any sense for anything i could think of