PDA

View Full Version : Family Reunion 2023 Firework Show

Schooter4
08-01-2023, 11:16 PM
Two years ago right before we had our family reunion my uncle died at the end of July. Then in September, we lost my aunt. Followed by my mom passing away in Dec. In 5 months, my mom's generation lost 3 of 6 siblings. This past Saturday, I hosted the family reunion and of course, I had to have a firework show. I was supposed to host it last year but due to my wife getting testing positive for Covid the night before, we hosted it this year instead. By the way, my wife recovered fully. I had planned last year just to do the "Sound of Silence" by Disturb last year. But one of my boards didn't fire at all for my 4th show this year. This is proof that shunts on 6m slats works lol. We had rain prior to the show on the 3rd of July and I forgot to tell my son to take the shunts out when he went and turned the modules on. So, I feel a few angels in heaven might have had a helping hand in this....lol. So I was able to use the board over 20 fireworks to do my reunion show on Sat. I added Thunderstruck to the show and mainly used shells to hit on Thunder. Using just 1.4 canisters shells, I was able to it the beat I wanted. I used 1.5 seconds lift times and I poked the shells in the bottom of them. Everyone loved the show and was amazed at the timing. I hope you guys and gals like the show. My son used his drone to film the show and it took him a few seconds to find the shoot sight. Next time we will be using a LED light at the shoot sight so he can find the location prior to the show starting. I have always learn something new each show. I used 4 Cobera 18M modules and the Command Center. Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/vx3WBQhyVI4

Birdman
08-02-2023, 12:47 PM
Nice show....thanks for sharing!

displayfireworks1
08-04-2023, 09:54 PM
Nice to hear from the State of Wisconsin. Thanks for including the backstory behind the fireworks display. The backstories are always so enjoyable to hear if these displays continue over the years. Every “Annual” dated fireworks display has a story. Fireworks displays over the years have simulated victory, passing of loved ones, remembrance, battle over good vs evil, happiest, a reason to move forward, or just something simple as, look what I created for me and others to enjoy in my neighborhood . A fireworks display is also a way to engrave your event into the memory of others. Once you add safe and responsibly used fireworks into your annual event, it will never close the same without them. With the availability of various fireworks products and affordability of advanced fireworks firing systems, the annual responsibility and future displays now depends on you. At this point going forward is it a one and done or will you add a fireworks display to close the event every year?
I have a feeling your event may turn into an annual event with the family looking forward to the firework display annually. If what I am seeing in the video is correct, you have plenty of clearance to improve the display and your skills and equipment at the same time. The up and down side of what you started is typical of every created fireworks display. The audience expects at least the same or better every year. If these annual celebration continue, it depends on your budget and equipment etc. I am already thinking you have the property and clearance to create something fabulous annually. Thanks for posting.

Schooter4
08-05-2023, 11:45 AM
Dave and Birdman,
Thank you for your kind words. This year was my 3rd Fourth of July Show using my Cobra system. Each year I have tried to get a better and better show. This year was the first time my neighbor across the road had his own party to watch my show, instead of coming to my party. We had close to 100 people at our house for the party. I haven't posted the show on my Youtube channel mainly because I don't have a good video as the weather was not great and we weren't able to get the drone up for it. Our party has gotten bigger and bigger every year.