PDA

View Full Version : Something new from Ignite ?

displayfireworks1
07-31-2023, 07:44 AM
Happen to see this posted on the Ignite Facebook page. Any Ignite uses have an opinion on this?

cmill
07-31-2023, 02:23 PM
I just received an email about it. It’s called the i36 and they have it listed for $329.99. That’s a pretty good value for the backyard pyro who just wants to fire a max of 36 cues.

cmill
07-31-2023, 04:01 PM
Apparently you can still link 6 modules together for a total of 216 cues.

Ronnie316
07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
The 18 cue module costs $200 and the new 36 cue $330. Six 18 cue modules cost me $1200 while three 36 cue modules would have cost me $990, a savings of $210! Almost wish I would have waited before pulling the trigger on Ignite.

displayfireworks1
07-31-2023, 09:56 PM
Both Cobra and Ignite are advertisers on pyrotalk but I have to admit I never expected this expansion on the Ignite System. I knew when I heard some of the mom and pop retail locations talking about carrying the Ignite Kiosk in their retail locations the move is on to electrical firing but I didn't expect expansion to more firing ques on each Ignite position at this point in the game. Ignite appears to have advanced to Step 2 following some of the same 18/36 formula that made Cobra so popular. "If you build it they will come " While these inexpensive import wireless fireworks firing systems have been around for a while, they lacked the "Retail" desirability, customer service and troubleshooting at the retail point of sale level customer that Ignite offers. Rumor has it some of the big box distributors are accepting Ignite after countless failures of trying to create their own propriety systems only make the future direction of electrical firing even brighter. Like I said over the years the advanced fireworks enthusiast looks and behaves more like a display company with focus on presentation of fireworks rather than how to build your own fireworks.

cmill
08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
I bought an ignite but upgraded before using it. I will probably sell it but the research I did on it definitely indicates that an i36 module is going to be a top contender for the vast majority of consumers that the ignite systems are geared toward. I don't think it would be hard for mom and pop shops to explain why an i36 is a better option over an i18 especially if the customer is the guy who does a show for everyone and may expand in the future.

Buying a single module for 36 cues and knowing you can expand to 216 cues if needed is pretty powerful for the average pyro who keeps it simple and fires mainly cakes. There isn't much of a learning curve to the ignite system and their online designer is free and plenty capable for general use. I like it a lot and use it for a general scripting for manual firing.

I think Ignite could become the Apple of consumer firing systems. It helps that they have first mover advantage.

markcockrell
08-01-2023, 12:42 PM
I think Ignite could become the Apple of consumer firing systems.

I think I just went from loving Ignite to hating it. ;)

Ronnie316
08-03-2023, 09:13 AM
While the 36 cue module is great, I feel like this is a major shift in concept from Ignite. The company built everything around the 18 cue system, with people like myself investing in all 6 modules with no current capability to add more than 6. I hope they make adding more modules a priority.

BMoore
08-04-2023, 08:52 AM
While the 36 cue module is great, I feel like this is a major shift in concept from Ignite. The company built everything around the 18 cue system, with people like myself investing in all 6 modules with no current capability to add more than 6. I hope they make adding more modules a priority.

I was just reading about the 36M yesterday and that was my thought as well. When Cobra went from 18 to 36 to 72 they were basically just adding additional channels/modules into a single case. I expected ignite to be the similar, but it's not. The 36 cue module is totally stand alone and you are still limited to 6 modules total. That means to maximize cue count you have to go all in on 36 cue modules and anything you've spent so far on 18 cue modules is lost cost. I understand Cobra is working on upgrades that allow more than 6 modules, but for now it sure seems to fly in the face of the expandability concept. I think this drives home the fact that ignite is intended for a backyard consumer who will buy just a couple of modules. Once you get into the need for hundreds of cues you should be looking at a professional system.