PDA

View Full Version : Someone buy this

Arclight
07-11-2023, 02:44 PM
Armag is the Cadillac of explosives storage magazines. There is one of their type 2 units for sale at the auction right now. Probably $10-20K new:

https://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/9996254?

displayfireworks1
07-13-2023, 01:08 PM
That is great deal for someone in lower Illinois area. If I am not mistaken you can keep 1.1 product in that baby. Looks in great shape

Arclight
07-13-2023, 05:01 PM
That is great deal for someone in lower Illinois area. If I am not mistaken you can keep 1.1 product in that baby. Looks in great shape

You definitely can store 1.1 materials in there. Bulk salutes, 12" shells, dynamite, C4, whatever.

displayfireworks1
07-14-2023, 08:23 AM
It looks like someone did purchase that magazine. On that same site under "Coming Soon" they appear to have multiple more magazines for sale in the State of Alabama. Curious where these originate from ? I suspect former military. Over the years I know a few people that purchased their mags this way.

Arclight
07-14-2023, 06:50 PM
It looks like someone did purchase that magazine. On that same site under "Coming Soon" they appear to have multiple more magazines for sale in the State of Alabama. Curious where these originate from ? I suspect former military. Over the years I know a few people that purchased their mags this way.

Armag does sell a lot of stuff to the military. But it could also be a mining company or construction contractor. The really beat up ones always seem to be from contractors. They just get moved around to different jobsites over and over.

displayfireworks1
07-14-2023, 08:08 PM
Curious if you purchase one of these is it like, as is where is, or will they help load onto your transport vehicle at their sale site?

Arclight
07-15-2023, 02:49 AM
Curious if you purchase one of these is it like, as is where is, or will they help load onto your transport vehicle at their sale site?

Normally, Ritchie Bros / Iron Planet auctions will load the items you bought onto your trailer or hired shipper's truck for free. Some auctions are like you describe, such as when a huge plant is closing. Normally, they have riggers on-site to handle getting big machines out and such, although you probably have to pay them.

Salutecake
07-20-2023, 08:00 AM
It probably doesn't but does something like that, change any distance requirements if you only use it for 1.3 products.

Smily0
07-20-2023, 08:49 AM
It probably doesn't but does something like that, change any distance requirements if you only use it for 1.3 products.

No, distances are the same for 1.3 product regardless of magazine class.

Arclight
07-20-2023, 12:20 PM
The advantage is that youc an store 1.1 items (8" shells, bulk salutes, etc). And also blasting products like dynamite if legal in your state.