PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

cmill
07-10-2023, 08:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name is Cody. I live in Southeast Michigan. I am a long time pyro, but recently took the plunge into electronic firing & designing a display rather than just hand lighting items randomly. I am excited to try out the Ignite i18 and giving building my own mortar racks a shot. I look forward to exploring the forum!

displayfireworks1
07-17-2023, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forums. The affordability of the Ignite system should bring in a whole new group of fireworks enthusiast into electrical firing and perhaps future Cobra uses. If you plan on building your owns racks , be sure to use the proper tubing . If you have any question someone on the forums can answer them.

Engineer Cat
07-18-2023, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the party. You'll be hooked in no time at all. :)

cmill
07-19-2023, 07:56 AM
Thanks! I was looking at HDPE or fiberglass. I have seen several warnings already about PVC tubing. Scary stuff. Ace pyro is fairly local to me so I was considering going with their fiberglass mortars. Do you think the HDPE is worth the higher cost from a safety standpoint? The videos I have seen show pretty violent failures whether it is fiberglass or HDPE. Although, I have never seen a failure live so maybe seeing it happen in person shows a difference.
I may grow into a cobra in the future, I can see already that cues can(will) become an addiction. I accept this lol.

Engineer Cat, that's what my wallet is afraid of....:D

Smily0
07-19-2023, 08:58 AM
Thanks! I was looking at HDPE or fiberglass. I have seen several warnings already about PVC tubing. Scary stuff. Ace pyro is fairly local to me so I was considering going with their fiberglass mortars. Do you think the HDPE is worth the higher cost from a safety standpoint? The videos I have seen show pretty violent failures whether it is fiberglass or HDPE. Although, I have never seen a failure live so maybe seeing it happen in person shows a difference.

All of my personal racks were fiberglass I got in bulk and it never fails that I end up with tiny fiberglass shards in my fingers when loading the tubes. Easy fix is wear gloves. I've started to convert to HDPE this year and will slowly transition over. The pyro company I work for built all of their trailers with fiberglass but also plan to move most of them to HDPE this year. Part of that has to do with them being outside and facing degradation in the sun if a trap comes off, but they also feel they are safer in CATO type situations.

I may grow into a cobra in the future, I can see already that cues can(will) become an addiction. I accept this lol.

Engineer Cat, that's what my wallet is afraid of....

I started many years ago with the Firefly 15-cue bluetooth firing module...and am now using Cobra with 162 cues....and plan to slowly grow each year. Just accept your fate and embrace destiny.

https://media.tenor.com/2jgbEi-vCuQAAAAC/mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif