PDA

View Full Version : My 2023 Show

esgrillo
07-10-2023, 01:29 AM
Back after taking off a year. Overall not bad. Had a flame machine burn up and some issues with a couple of lights. My ring around the pond failed after the first battery booster. Still need to figure that one out. Also had about 90 single shots not go off. Think we had a slat cable come partially lose when we took the tarps off the platforms... We had a lot of rain that day so there was a lot of water we needed to work off the platforms.

Timing on 76's bushy comets this year was short. Only ~19sec vs 27sec listed. Resulted in a few seconds of dark sky in the opener.

Last 30 sec of finale was pretty intense with the new report cakes from Dominator and 76. I had people posting on my neighborhood FB page in a positive way lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyzg4N7H-KE

AxeElf
07-10-2023, 02:03 AM
I remember your shows were always the standard by which I judged everyone else's.

The understated tribute of the "finale" was a nice touch.

Birdman
07-10-2023, 03:23 PM
Awesome production as usual Ed! The tribute at the end was especially moving in it's simplicity.....well done! So glad to have you back this year!

jtfannin
07-10-2023, 05:44 PM
Outstanding as expected. I hate when the cakes fall THAT short on timing. Agree that new cakes pack some punch.

displayfireworks1
07-10-2023, 07:04 PM
Ed.
Excellent display as always. The photo collage showing the neighborhood , the set up, the helpers , the finale etc great. We always look forward to your creations every year. I enjoy seeing how you bring your neighborhood together for this display. Thanks for posting.
For those that don't know years back Ed and another gentleman were told by an ATF Inspector he was not going to approve their ATF license applications . They pushed through and didn't sign on to the usual ""Withdraw the application " etc . And here we are today. Surprisingly Texas is a sparsely populated privately held ATF Display Fireworks license state.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-10-2023, 07:41 PM
90 that didn't go off? Pfffft..... I'd fire the bozo that wired those things up! :p

Seriously... Who the hell could tell ANYTHING didn't fire with everything you had going on there!? Wow. As always, you prove that your show is the exception to the rule. I don't think anyone can call you a "backyard shooter" even though that's literally where you do your shows. lol... Superb as always. As for the tribute at the end.... Pure class. Well done my friend.

PYRODAN
07-10-2023, 09:49 PM
Ed, your show popped up on my you tube home page. You shot your show, cleaned up, edited and posted the video. And I still haven't got the video of my show from my kid yet!! I would complement you on another fantastic show, however I am currently stewing in jealousy and can not find the words. Perhaps in a few days! LOL

Engineer Cat
07-11-2023, 01:23 AM
Fantastic show as always Ed. Glad you were able to shoot this year.

PG2159
07-12-2023, 12:04 AM
This is the show that sets the standard. And not just the show, the pictures, the video angles, the editing, the music selection. Lets just talk about how much boom toby keith had. Just incredible.

FWGuy
07-13-2023, 09:10 AM
Absolutely amazing show...incredibly well choreographed...agree with comments above about it being a standard to strive for...the tribute at the end was very touching.

esgrillo
07-15-2023, 10:14 AM
Ed.
Excellent display as always. The photo collage showing the neighborhood , the set up, the helpers , the finale etc great. We always look forward to your creations every year. I enjoy seeing how you bring your neighborhood together for this display. Thanks for posting.
For those that don't know years back Ed and another gentleman were told by an ATF Inspector he was not going to approve their ATF license applications . They pushed through and didn't sign on to the usual ""Withdraw the application " etc . And here we are today. Surprisingly Texas is a sparsely populated privately held ATF Display Fireworks license state.

Thanks Dave. Really had a good drone pilot this year. Helps a lot.

Recently got my 54 renewed and had to get new continency which I was able to do. Went through the interview process again with 2 AFT guys as one was in training... the guy was BY THE BOOK lol. Just remember throughout the process, loose lips sink ships. Answer their questions, and thats about it.

Also a 54 is an accepted type of qualification to purchase 1.4AP from vendors like 76.

esgrillo
07-15-2023, 07:19 PM
I remember your shows were always the standard by which I judged everyone else's.

The understated tribute of the "finale" was a nice touch.

Thanks. Yeah I wanted to keep the pacing slow and effects low key and quiet. Bushy comets and a few fountains did the trick.

displayfireworks1
07-15-2023, 08:38 PM
Ed
I forgot to thank you for consulting with that pilot out of Texas that attended my ATF class. When I checked in with him he told me you filled him in pretty extensively about the advanced pyro scene in your part of Texas. As time goes by I am going to be curious how he comes along. Advanced hobbyist pyrotechnics in Texas has always intrigued me over the years I have doing this because, it is such a large state yet it has a low number of Display Fireworks license holders. The last detailed listing of explosive license holders I was able to obtain from the ATF was in 2012. At that time the total number was only 31 various ATF explosive license holders for the entire State of Texas. This is why when you and another fireworks enthusiast (who has since been inactive) came along I was excited to see it. You in Texas as an advanced licensed hobbyist have certainly put Texas on the pyrotechnic map. It is always great to see what your produce for your community each year. Your neighbors all appear to enjoy and be part of it.
With your recent ATF license renewal I am sure with your activity combined with the low number of licensee in Texas, the local regional ATF is well aware of you. That is probably why he brought along the new person to the interview and did everything by the book. Perhaps the number of User of Display Fireworks applicants in Texas is increasing. Since 2012 going forward the ATF has put up too many legal roadblocks to prevent me from obtaining that Explosive licensee listing. I appealed it and in turn won part of it however when they respond they give me a bunch of cryptic confusing data. Back in 2012 I paid a Microsoft Excel expert to translate and organize the data they gave me. Fascinating at the time in Texas was a Kiwanis Club in Comanche County had a Type 54. I would be curious how that Texas number has grown since 2012.

esgrillo
07-18-2023, 10:06 AM
Awesome production as usual Ed! The tribute at the end was especially moving in it's simplicity.....well done! So glad to have you back this year!

Appreciate the comment! Glad to be back. Already thinking about the next one!

esgrillo
07-18-2023, 08:43 PM
Outstanding as expected. I hate when the cakes fall THAT short on timing. Agree that new cakes pack some punch.

Yeah the cake timing issue showed up a few times as I used it several portions of the show.... not much you can do. Thanks for the positive comment!

esgrillo
07-21-2023, 09:00 AM
90 that didn't go off? Pfffft..... I'd fire the bozo that wired those things up! :p

Seriously... Who the hell could tell ANYTHING didn't fire with everything you had going on there!? Wow. As always, you prove that your show is the exception to the rule. I don't think anyone can call you a "backyard shooter" even though that's literally where you do your shows. lol... Superb as always. As for the tribute at the end.... Pure class. Well done my friend.

Lol thanks Rick. Already thinking about the next one