View Full Version : Budget Gender Reveal July 8th

Birdman
07-09-2023, 04:30 PM
Did another gender reveal, this time for my nephew. Luckily for me it was the same gender as the other reveal I did in 2022 for my niece. I was able to add a little more pop to this one so I just changed out some of the cakes used in the first one I did. I purchased the fireworks 2 weeks ago but hadn't any time for prep due to getting ready for the 4th. The day of the show I tested the smoke bombs I purchased to see if I needed any changes in timing. The first was a dud.....the second was a dud and finally the 3rd one smoked as expected. This threw me into a panic since the whole reveal relies on smoke. Luckily I live within a mile of 3 fireworks stores where I could get different smoke bombs. I used them all and even the ones I purchased previously appeared to have performed as expected during the show

https://youtu.be/bfmB-qa_OxE

Birdman
07-09-2023, 05:34 PM
Here's a link if the embedded video doesn't load:

https://youtu.be/bfmB-qa_OxE

Engineer Cat
07-09-2023, 07:27 PM
Nice job Kev, suspenseful music. I don't know what it is with people at gender reveal calling out the colors they are not seeing. LMAO had the same issue when I did a 3 min gender reveal for my bro in law. Someone yells BLUE when the smoke is white. ;)

What I didn't think about was after I setup all the BLUE product, my hand were blue from from the smoke powder. I had no choice but to break open a pink smoke bomb and rub it in my hands until they were purple just so I can go inside and wash up without giving it away. LOL

Were those 200g cakes? Looked like some had a nice little fan effect.

Birdman
07-10-2023, 02:43 PM
I learned after my first reveal to check hands for color from the smoke bombs! I came home from the fireworks store with pink hands. Since then I carry wet wipes with me whenever I'm working with the colored smoke.

They were all small 200g cakes. The fanned one is called Sky Buffet. I picked one up on a whim to try out in my 4th show just because I never saw a 200g fan cake before. That night I watched the video and figured I get a second for my show. Then they had one more left when I shopped for the reveal and figured it would be a good fit. Product besided smoke was:

Gold Laser Mine With Crackles x4
Sky Buffet x1
Pulse Pounder x1
96 Pearl Shots x3
T-Rex x6
Bump Bear x3

Rick_In_Tampa
07-10-2023, 08:37 PM
Now that was freakin awesome! That really was cool. Loved the intro, and the Cindy Lauper after the reveal smoke was pure genius! Well played Sir! Well played indeed.