PDA

View Full Version : New User Registration Problems.

displayfireworks1
07-07-2023, 07:18 PM
If you are attempting to register for the pyrotalk forums and experiencing problems activating your account, please email me your username and state location you are from to pyrotalk@gmail.com. I can find your account by username and make it active. I see many accounts "Awaiting Email Confirmation" Perhaps yours is one of them.

New accounts
Please use a correct email when you register. The pyrotalk forums software will send a confirmation email to that email to make your account registered and active to post. That email confirmation may end up in your spam folder. Unfortunately that may not always work the way it should. Please do not try to make multiple accounts. As stated above email me the username you picked and state location you are from to pyrotalk@gmail.com . I can then go in to the administrative section and activate your account.
This registration procedure is necessary to prevent spammers from posting on the forums .
Please review the rules before posting once your account is active

.NEW REGISTRATON

Smily0
07-17-2023, 08:45 AM
Thanks for activating my account. I had not seen this particular post or I would have e-mailed instead of PM. I can tell you I tried two different gmail addresses (just one account, but I changed e-mail) and neither received any activation e-mail. I work IT for a living and went through my SPAM filters multiple times, but there is nothing from Pyrotalk. I'm not sure what is going on, but might be worth digging into it more.

Engineer Cat
07-18-2023, 12:38 AM
Thanks for activating my account. I had not seen this particular post or I would have e-mailed instead of PM. I can tell you I tried two different gmail addresses (just one account, but I changed e-mail) and neither received any activation e-mail. I work IT for a living and went through my SPAM filters multiple times, but there is nothing from Pyrotalk. I'm not sure what is going on, but might be worth digging into it more.

I'm also in IT, the issue may be related to pyrotalk.com not having a valid SPF record. Email servers think the address is being spoofed because there's no record. I had that issue with Firelinx when they sent a mass email out. Gmail wouldn't accept it and it was their SPF record that appears to be what the issue was.

Dave, have your webmaster do an SPF record check on pyrotalk.com so he can see what I'm seeing and make a change if necessary.

Smily0
07-18-2023, 09:28 AM
I'm also in IT

Awesome! What do you do in IT? I'm Enterprise Systems Architect, so storage, virtualization, automation, and datacenter mostly, but getting into more DevOps as time goes on.