PDA

View Full Version : Milltown, NJ 4th of July shoot

Engineer Cat
07-06-2023, 04:38 AM
I crewed on the 4th with Celfire to setup the towns 4th of July party. 30 mins after the product arrived we had torrential down pours with lighting and thunder. We scrambled to secure the product from getting wet as we had already transferred it to the field. We managed to keep everything safe and dry and didn't get a chance to start setting up till almost 5pm with a 9:30pm shoot time. It was a rough day but in the end we shot the show 20 mins late. We had a few items not fire but it probably wasn't rain related. In all, the hard work paid off and the crowd loved the show. 77 cakes, about 370 shells of 3" & 4" and a handful of fireballs. One being a 30 gallon "executioner" lol

Engineer Cat
07-06-2023, 04:44 AM

Here's what happens to soft ground after firing a 30 gallon fireball. And Bill Corbett replied to a picture of this I posted on FB with "Newton’s third law is: for every action, there is an equal & opposite reaction."

Salutecake
07-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Love to see the result of the 30 gallon, but I keep getting an invalid link notification.

Engineer Cat
07-06-2023, 03:14 PM
I feel asleep last night when uploading the video from the shoot. Here it is. Obviously the big boy is at the end but there are smaller ones a little after the start that go off as well.

This was shot with StarFire by the way.

https://youtu.be/BmcF0CQ7V1g

Salutecake
07-09-2023, 06:47 AM
I'm surprised not seeing the metal rack system used by Celebration. Not using anymore or ran short?

Engineer Cat
07-09-2023, 08:07 PM
I'm surprised not seeing the metal rack system used by Celebration. Not using anymore or ran short?

Another crew was doing a barge show the night before and wouldn't be back in the area in time the next day for us to use them. They were just a 2 man crew so I believe they got the majority of the metal rack systems being it would make it much easier to load all the racks on the barge with just the two of them (all shell show). We had enough with us to setup a bunch of pods but we had the 5" racks on the truck setup for that system and we were only shooting up to 4" for this shoot. We had a good size crew so humping the larger pods wasn't a big deal.

We had a shoot a few weeks ago where we used them with the 4 man crew we had.