PDA

View Full Version : My 2023 quasi pyromusical video sux again.

Engineer Cat
07-05-2023, 10:58 PM
I just get screwed every year with the video. I just don't have the distance or clearing I need to get good video. Here it is anyway.

https://youtu.be/b93fWCCzmHY

Engineer Cat
07-05-2023, 11:11 PM
I just get screwed every year with the video. I just don't have the distance or clearing I need to get good video. Here it is anyway.

I also had some timing issues with effects which I'm not to sure why. I also had to pull an inward comet fan that crossed last minute because it was going to hit the mortars' rack and i had no place else to move it. So there's a significant effect messing from the lead into the second song. Its pretty obvious.

chopperthedog
07-05-2023, 11:16 PM
RAWK!!! Short sweet to the point. Props for mountain song. 3 days would be on my bucket list if I even won the lottery to script out.

good day.

chopperthedog
07-05-2023, 11:29 PM
Derp. Correction, Ocean Size.

good day.

Engineer Cat
07-05-2023, 11:35 PM
RAWK!!! Short sweet to the point. Props for mountain song. 3 days would be on my bucket list if I even won the lottery to script out.

good day.

Thanks, yea I would do both mountain song and 3 days. I can't afford all the product to make it look right,. LOL Last year I used Stop.

Jay_
07-06-2023, 12:36 AM
That was a great show Gene! Absolutely loved the way you used (timed) your single effects. Its a break from the norm and it really worked in your show. Really liked it.

What was that at 4:52? I caught it on the small vid in the corner, but don't know what it is. Its one of those moments that will make you smile every time that you watch it just from hearing the crowd reaction. Those are some of the moments that keep us inspired to do this.

Again, very awesome and nice tunes as well!

Engineer Cat
07-06-2023, 02:03 AM
Thanks a lot Jay. So that was a Neon Fireworks Double Dazzling comets that I modified into a "drag strip" style starting light. Each cake is 7 slices of 5 shot double comets. I had 3 so made a couple of different effects out of them and kept one to play around with. I ran some fast fuse to connect them so they would shoot quickly up and down the river back and forth and then fire a slice straight up in the air.

3 shot instant fire

horizontal comets

Birdman
07-07-2023, 02:20 PM
Really nice show! As always great choice of music. Have always wanted to have some Jane's in my soundtrack but man every song would have to be a cue burner. Three Days is a bucket list song for me but Ocean Size and Mountain Song are close seconds. The 1.4 pro in your show made me kick myself for passing on it this year. Can't wait to see what you come up with next year. Keep in touch and hopefully we can get together at a club shoot before the nice weather passes us by.

jtfannin
07-07-2023, 02:50 PM

I liked your show man. I screwed up my video in 2020 and I was really disappointed. I now use 2 GoPro cameras and hope for the best.

Engineer Cat
07-07-2023, 03:00 PM
Really nice show! As always great choice of music. Have always wanted to have some Jane's in my soundtrack but man every song would have to be a cue burner. Three Days is a bucket list song for me but Ocean Size and Mountain Song are close seconds. The 1.4 pro in your show made me kick myself for passing on it this year. Can't wait to see what you come up with next year. Keep in touch and hopefully we can get together at a club shoot before the nice weather passes us by.

I totally agree, next year probably using Just Because. I originally had that instead of Ocean Size and then pulled it. But I really wanna use that one. That was also before I added 48 more cues so now I have a better chance of making it look halfway decent.

1.4pro, love it. I picked up one 81 shot cake which is what I used for the finale. That thing is awesome. Will probably get more of those next year There's a lot of cool effects. Clubs a little quiet right now with everyone out doing their own shows, but something might come up for August, We usually have something going on every other month. Even in the winter.

My wife didn't give me a hard time about spending another $500 on 2 more mods. I think she's done complaining about the money I spend on fireworks now that it has turned into a part time job where I am getting paid to crew on shows. It's not much right now but one more pro shoot and I'll need to submit a tax form. lol THEN I will put that money aside for everything fireworks related so basically playing with the houses money. lol

PyroFL
07-07-2023, 05:44 PM
Great stuff Gene!!

I got burned as you know for many years on video so I have a pro team in now. I couldn't take it anymore ... I'll ask some of the guys up here and see if I can hook you up with a couple of guys to help you out.

Not really seeing a timing problem but some very small things and I think your being to hard on yourself.

Great show as always!! And I always like your music picks ... when we meet up I'll have to ask you how you did a few things

Engineer Cat
07-08-2023, 02:22 AM
Great stuff Gene!!

I got burned as you know for many years on video so I have a pro team in now. I couldn't take it anymore ... I'll ask some of the guys up here and see if I can hook you up with a couple of guys to help you out.

Not really seeing a timing problem but some very small things and I think your being to hard on yourself.

Great show as always!! And I always like your music picks ... when we meet up I'll have to ask you how you did a few things

Thanks Charlie, And I'm sorry we couldn't get together the week before the show. I was just locked in with what I needed to get done. I appreciate you offering to assist though. Reach out when your back here in NJ and we'll get together. Birdman's not that far away so maybe I can scoop you up from the hotel and Kev can meet us halfway for some dinner and Pyrotalk!

Firelinx
07-10-2023, 11:27 AM
We have to agree @pyroFL, we think you're being too hard on yourself. The show was great and each year you learn something, now you know what to look for when recording your show. Next show will be awesome too!

Great job, Gene!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-10-2023, 08:52 PM
You guys with the talent to take a suitcase worth of fireworks and a pocketknife and slice and dice them so you fill the sky for 15 minutes or so really piss me off! Mainly because I can drop $6K on fireworks and can't accomplish the same thing! :mad:

Suffice it to say, I really liked your show! The effects were perfect! The colors I loved. The sweeps and fans and comets really filled the sky beautifully. I would be tickled pink if I were you. You really did a fine job.

As for the camera issue... Obviously I have no idea what you're using or how far away you are from your show. But... Seems to me that the people on the inset video had a better vantage point than you did. If you got a GoPro and put it on a tripod where they were sitting, I think you'd catch everything and more. I have an old Hero5 Session and I can get the entire show from the ground to the sky from 150' away. It's more about the type of lens than it is the distance. Anyway... Food for thought.

Engineer Cat
07-10-2023, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone.

My buddy got a new go pro and was itching to attach it face up to one of the racks. He send me the video a little late so I added it into the video that I have in my signature. It's a really cool look as if you were a mortar tube waiting to fire.

I just use my Galaxy phone. I do want to get something with wider lens but maybe I can just arrange to borrow someone's go pro next year. Rather spend that money on equipment or products. I get wholesale products with no minimums from vendors in our club and I split it with another buddy who was shooting a show the same night. My half of the product was around $900. (and half of that was split with my boy who's BBQ it was). 96 cues with about 11 that didn't fire which were mostly cans wired in series of 2. I still got a bunch of cans left and a couple cakes. I'll need those for my sisters in law birthday next weekend. Next year it will probably cost more because the majority will be 1.4pro items. I only had a handful this year because I had picked up most of my stuff over a period of a few months before the containers came in with the 1.4pro stuff.

Go pro on the rack video.

https://youtu.be/KdYmX37-6aY