PDA

View Full Version : A little video to critique.

jtfannin
07-05-2023, 09:12 PM
Not much to say about this years show. It was hot and had too much rain. End result was the finest work so far. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/IDqqdOlnurY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDqqdOlnurY

Engineer Cat
07-06-2023, 02:44 AM
DUDE! Great show! So jealous of all that room you have. Effects worked out great for where you put them in the script. Kudos!

jtfannin
07-06-2023, 09:15 AM
Thank you Engineer Cat. Kind words. Our field is 500’ x 400’. Allows me to setup fireworks 325’ from crowd.

PyroFL
07-07-2023, 06:26 PM
Thats what am talking about right there! Big family and friends getting all together and pulling off a show together. Its all about giving back and being with friends and family and friends on the 4th.

Great show!! wish I had that much space to play.

The lights, how are you controlling those? CRC?

jtfannin
07-07-2023, 06:38 PM
Thats what am talking about right there! Big family and friends getting all together and pulling off a show together. Its all about giving back and being with friends and family and friends on the 4th.

Great show!! wish I had that much space to play.

The lights, how are you controlling those? CRC?

Thank you sir. It’s become a big event for my small community.

My brother and I finance it. The rest of my crew is amazing. My 15 yr old wired this year.

Dmx lights on csc. I don’t do any visual software. I had flame machines too but lost them midway through. I found out today that I missed a pulse time in the script and they stayed on until the cans went empty.

PyroFL
07-07-2023, 09:38 PM
With the fire machine you have to reset it every 10 mins

How did you script for each light?

I’ve been meaning to play with that

Did you change the A 001 numbers and match?

Could you post the script part of the light change please.

jtfannin
07-07-2023, 10:12 PM

Universe 1 is lights. Universe 2 was on flame machines. Full DMX script

Yes. I used 1 -- 21 -- 31 -- 41 -- 51 -- 61 -- 71 -- 81

PyroFL
07-07-2023, 10:25 PM
Super that’s what I was thinking

Fire machine on the ten and the lights are on the 11

jtfannin
07-07-2023, 10:38 PM
I've done 3 shows with the lights. I have to say I love using them. This was my first time with the flame machines and I ran a full test on script about a month ago. Then I was coerced into adding the first intro song I used and stole a few firework cues from throughout the script. In their place i added dmx lights and flames. On the flames I forgot to put my .2s pulse time in. Resulted in the flames staying on until the spray cans ran out. Also the heat or overspray caught the ground on fire by the flame machine and melted the dmx cable. Crowd had no idea but its been quite the letdown for me. If you need anything on the lights just shout.

PyroFL
07-07-2023, 10:49 PM
Honestly I've just never messed with it but was in the plan for next year. Ive been just doing one color change for the set of 8 or strobes. I really step up my game this year and didnt have the time to get into it to deep more then I already had done. Baby steps, I'll post my video as soon as it finished.

Thanks for the information am going to run with it next year.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-08-2023, 09:06 PM
Wow. Just freakin wow. Awesome show!! I loved the fact that you put the family and friends at the front of the video. After all, that's what this is all about, right? But the show was superb! I loved the effects. The fire machines. The lights. The choreography. Everything was fantastic!! That's going to be tough to beat next year!

jtfannin
07-08-2023, 09:33 PM
Wow. Just freakin wow. Awesome show!! I loved the fact that you put the family and friends at the front of the video. After all, that's what this is all about, right? But the show was superb! I loved the effects. The fire machines. The lights. The choreography. Everything was fantastic!! That's going to be tough to beat next year!

Thanks Rick. I can’t stress enough about family and friends being a large part of the hell we go through to get this show done. I honestly think I can always do better and learn from every mistake to get a little better. But I appreciate you taking the time to watch and your feedback. It means a lot.

esgrillo
07-09-2023, 08:11 PM
Very well done. Timing and product on point. Chinese flame machines can be dicey sometimes. I had one burn up this year. Im pretty sure it was close to having the cans let go. VERY hard to put out with water. ABC extinguisher next year lol

Your lights looked good!

jtfannin
07-10-2023, 06:22 AM
Very well done. Timing and product on point. Chinese flame machines can be dicey sometimes. I had one burn up this year. Im pretty sure it was close to having the cans let go. VERY hard to put out with water. ABC extinguisher next year lol

Your lights looked good!

Thanks Ed! I can’t wait to watch yours this year.

Birdman
07-10-2023, 03:56 PM
Great show! What else can I say that hasn't already been said besides BRAVO!

displayfireworks1
07-10-2023, 06:18 PM
I have to agree with everyone else excellent display. I loved that Kid Rock song in the beginning around 4:19 in . What system were you using and how many modules?

jtfannin
07-10-2023, 08:41 PM
I have to agree with everyone else excellent display. I loved that Kid Rock song in the beginning around 4:19 in . What system were you using and how many modules?

Cobra. 1-72m 2-36m 4-18m. Thanks for the kind words.