PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Fire Pyro Musical

PyroWalker
07-05-2023, 09:13 AM
I couldn't be happier with how my show turned out this year. Nearly 1000 cues, Cobra Fired, DMX, and scripted with Finale 3D Pro. I had 3 ground flame effects and 3 comet/mines not fire. The rest was about as perfect as one can hope for when shooting fireworks. I had one random shell fire early in the show right after the intro. My guess is it was set off by an ember or something. It wasn't missed later in the show because I believe it was part of a set. After last year's mess with no wind and so much smoke and humidity, I feared for the worst when it was getting close to setup. We have a kids section in the front area where they can play with sparklers (supervised of course), and we were setting off little fountains and novelties. The smoke was just lingering and I KNEW it was going to ruin the video.

Well, right at show time, as I am watching everything load on the control panel (loved using it for the first time this year), a slight breeze picked up. The smoke was blow away for most of the show!
My only regret is that my cameras needed to be a bit more centered. There are some trees that hang out over the audience that obscured some of the view. We had trimmed up a bunch of the branches, but not quite enough. Next show will be more trimming and center the camera. You learn something every year!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/vEMNsoWp7oI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipERP7JgbY

PyroWalker
07-05-2023, 03:46 PM
I couldn't be happier with how my show turned out this year. Nearly 1000 cues, Cobra Fired, DMX, and scripted with Finale 3D Pro. I had 3 ground flame effects and 3 comet/mines not fire. The rest was about as perfect as one can hope for when shooting fireworks. I had one random shell fire early in the show right after the intro. My guess is it was set off by an ember or something. It wasn't missed later in the show because I believe it was part of a set. After last year's mess with no wind and so much smoke and humidity, I feared for the worst when it was getting close to setup. We have a kids section in the front area where they can play with sparklers (supervised of course), and we were setting off little fountains and novelties. The smoke was just lingering and I KNEW it was going to ruin the video.

Well, right at show time, as I am watching everything load on the control panel (loved using it for the first time this year), a slight breeze picked up. The smoke was blow away for most of the show!
My only regret is that my cameras needed to be a bit more centered. There are some trees that hang out over the audience that obscured some of the view. We had trimmed up a bunch of the branches, but not quite enough. Next show will be more trimming and center the camera. You learn something every year!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/vEMNsoWp7oI

New video link here:
https://youtu.be/5ipERP7JgbY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipERP7JgbY

Robbro097
07-05-2023, 07:17 PM
It sure is a wonderful feeling to see all your hard work play out the way you've envisioned it. Awesome show

displayfireworks1
07-05-2023, 08:58 PM
Say hello to the advanced fireworks enthusiast backyard fireworks display. Very impressive , Cobra . DMX Finale 3D-Pro. I like the countdown flame effects , great timing music and Articles of Pyrotechnic effects. Before I say what I would have liked to see , I'm curious of your licensing level. If you are not able to purchase some sort of salutes you should consider moving that one level up. If that finale had some some boom to close , that is the only recommendation I could add. I can see lots of hours preparing and hard work setting up this display. Thanks for posting. Professional display companies should be scared of this enthusiast "Amanda"..

PyroWalker
07-05-2023, 10:22 PM
Say hello to the advanced fireworks enthusiast backyard fireworks display. Very impressive , Cobra . DMX Finale 3D-Pro. I like the countdown flame effects , great timing music and Articles of Pyrotechnic effects. Before I say what I would have liked to see , I'm curious of your licensing level. If you are not able to purchase some sort of salutes you should consider moving that one level up. If that finale had some some boom to close , that is the only recommendation I could add. I can see lots of hours preparing and hard work setting up this display. Thanks for posting. Professional display companies should be scared of this enthusiast "Amanda"..
Thank you for your comments. I have a PGI display training and have met all the requirements for a display operator (but not required in my state). I don’t want to mess with the ATF, so I stick with 1.4 and 1.4Pro.
I did have some 25 shot instant ThunderKings and some 30mm snowball salutes in the show. I had about 75 salutes instant in the very end of the finale. I try not to overpower the music too much if I can help it.

Engineer Cat
07-05-2023, 11:52 PM
Excellent job Amanda. It turned out fantastic Where you able to get any help this year?

PyroWalker
07-05-2023, 11:59 PM
Excellent job Amanda. It turned out fantastic Where you able to get any help this year?

I had my dad, my aunt, and my cousin help on shoot day. I did so much prep ahead of
Time. The big difference was my dad had a trailer that we were able to haul everything from the barn to the field. We had rain during setup, but it was easy to set the pallets with the cake and slice positions. I had the racks already set and wired in the barn the night before. Just place in field, check the mods, and covered with tarps until shoot time. The barn is only about 400ft from the shoot site, so it’s not far to move things already wired. 4 hands made lighter work.

Engineer Cat
07-06-2023, 02:18 AM
I had my dad, my aunt, and my cousin help on shoot day. I did so much prep ahead of
Time. The big difference was my dad had a trailer that we were able to haul everything from the barn to the field. We had rain during setup, but it was easy to set the pallets with the cake and slice positions. I had the racks already set and wired in the barn the night before. Just place in field, check the mods, and covered with tarps until shoot time. The barn is only about 400ft from the shoot site, so it’s not far to move things already wired. 4 hands made lighter work.

Excellent. Glad to hear you had more hands.

jtfannin
07-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Nice show. Those cameras really picked up the color well. I am jealous of the breeze too. One of these days the stars will align and we can all just be just as pleased with our shows as the crowd.