PDA

View Full Version : My 2023 Pyromusical

bigmike06
07-05-2023, 07:44 AM
We had beautiful weather this year. It was super hot and muggy in the morning while setting up, but in the afternoon a nice breeze was blowing. A slight breeze continued into the evening, which helped clear out the smoke.

Had a few mishaps with cakes, and flame machines that work perfectly while testing but act up during the show. :rolleyes:

I added a LED Flag this year. It was converted to run on some old Battery Backup batteries. It was controlled by DMX, by the Module that was controlling the Flame Machines. The par Lights were on their own Module. The Flame machines, and the Par lights are also converted to run on batteries. This allows me to use them anywhere I would like without worrying about power. Only cords are the DMX cords daisy chaining them together.

For food we had Brisket, Pulled Pork, and all the sides, 3 different Homemade Beers on tap, and plenty of other alcohol to go with the Margarita Maker.

For activities we had Horse Shoes, Ax Throwing, Corn Hole, Water Slide for the kids, Pool, extra large Jenga & Connect 4, Photo Booth.

It was a great time, and enjoyed by all in attendance.

https://youtu.be/xgDPJE7q__I

Mike

PG2159
07-05-2023, 02:51 PM
The better question is what kind of beer did you have on tap? I do something quite similar, 2 pulled pork shoulders, 18lb brisket and 4 racks of ribs. Standard Pale Ale 5.7 and Black Cherry Seltzer at 5.5%. oh and a blueberry wine.

Engineer Cat
07-06-2023, 03:50 AM
Real nice work Big Mike.

I don't know how all you guys aren't getting copywrite flagged on Youtube. I had a 3 min video for a gender reveal using Baby Love and they flagged it. LMAOOO. Looks like I'm cleared for my current video though. lol

bigmike06
07-06-2023, 06:44 AM
The better question is what kind of beer did you have on tap? I do something quite similar, 2 pulled pork shoulders, 18lb brisket and 4 racks of ribs. Standard Pale Ale 5.7 and Black Cherry Seltzer at 5.5%. oh and a blueberry wine.

I had a Cream Ale at 6.0, A Blonde Ale at 5.7, and a Oatmeal Stout at 5.4 on Nitro. Also had Carbonated water on my last tap. The Cream ale was the crowd favorite again this year, but the Blonde ale wasn't far behind. They are both less then a gallon from kicking. The Stout wasn't really for the party, that's more for me to enjoy in the evenings after work.

bigmike06
07-06-2023, 06:45 AM
Real nice work Big Mike.

I don't know how all you guys aren't getting copywrite flagged on Youtube. I had a 3 min video for a gender reveal using Baby Love and they flagged it. LMAOOO. Looks like I'm cleared for my current video though. lol

Most of my videos has the copyright flagged, but I don't Monetize. So I guess they let it fly? Not sure to be Honest.

PG2159
07-06-2023, 07:44 AM
I had a Cream Ale at 6.0, A Blonde Ale at 5.7, and a Oatmeal Stout at 5.4 on Nitro. Also had Carbonated water on my last tap. The Cream ale was the crowd favorite again this year, but the Blonde ale wasn't far behind. They are both less then a gallon from kicking. The Stout wasn't really for the party, that's more for me to enjoy in the evenings after work.

Big oatmeal stout fan myself, on nitro none the less. Well done. Off pyro topic, but what kind of brewing system are you using? I know how long a brew day is, and you have 3 on tap, that's a lot of prep work. Kudos.

bigmike06
07-06-2023, 08:19 AM
Big oatmeal stout fan myself, on nitro none the less. Well done. Off pyro topic, but what kind of brewing system are you using? I know how long a brew day is, and you have 3 on tap, that's a lot of prep work. Kudos.

I use a 35L 220 volt Brewzilla. I really don't have the room for a traditional 3 pot system.

Engineer Cat
07-06-2023, 03:10 PM
Interesting, I dropped my brewing hobby when I started to do more pyro. Need to try some of those brews. My favorites to make were Hefeweizen and Dunkelweizen. I use to do a Blue moon clone as well.

PG2159
07-06-2023, 05:06 PM
I have the 120v 35L brewzilla. Really wish I would have gone for the 65L 220 version, if I start brewing more I’ll probably invest in it. Been keeping an eye out for used ones. I love that you made it a big event Mike. That’s the vibe I’m trying to get myself. I live in a nice neighborhood and lots of kids, I have two young ones as well. It was so awesome seeing all the kids running around happy as can be.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-10-2023, 09:55 PM
Awesome show Mike! I was particularly impressed with the way you layered your effects. How much of the show was 1.3G? What was the largest shell you used?

bigmike06
07-11-2023, 08:28 AM
Thanks. A lot of the show was 1.3. I had 80- 2.5" shells, 110- 3" shells, 24- 4" shells, and 10- 5" shells in that show.

esgrillo
07-11-2023, 12:56 PM
Most of my videos has the copyright flagged, but I don't Monetize. So I guess they let it fly? Not sure to be Honest.

yeah thats typical YouTube... they flag most songs but if you dont monitize they let it go. AC/DC being the exception (unless changed recently). They will silence that portion if they detect that group.

Nice show and nice spread of food. We do 2 pulled pork, 14 slabs ribs, and I make 20 pizzas in my outdoor wood oven on my patio.

Birdman
07-11-2023, 05:02 PM
Really nice show. It had a very pleasant pace to it and you could really take in each effect with the way everything was layered.