PDA

View Full Version : Article of Pyrotechnic stabilization

displayfireworks1
06-26-2023, 07:59 PM
Feedback from my social media. We can see there is going to be a need to create and/or market affordable racks for some of these AP products. This person ask for advise on this setup. What would you tell him?

Robbro097
06-26-2023, 08:53 PM
I use pegboard racks w a 2x3 frame so they make contact on something solid and 2x3 or 1x6 (whatever scrap 14"-16") for feet on the side and use 2 zipties for vertical and 3 for angled shot i would not trust a single ziptie as pictured. When i 1st started i drilled holes in board like pictured and screwed them to stakes in the ground and all tho everything fired perfectly i seen the force had knocked them through the top ziptie. 6675 not the best picture but does display somewhat

displayfireworks1
06-26-2023, 09:15 PM
Thanks for posting your setup picture. What the new gentleman setup lacks is the bottom of the mortar board for solid base to the bottom of the single shot. It looks like yours has it. Interesting is how someone new created something very similar to what you have. .. Keeping the advancing hobbyist firing system enthusiast in mind. The problem with the currently available racks designed for Articles of Pyrotechnic single shot products is, they are build to industrial standards and costly. They are build of rust resistant material , heavy duty etc. For the advancing fireworks hobbyist it is to much. Thus, let the market adjust to meet that need and create it or, let the improvising begin.

Robbro097
06-26-2023, 09:17 PM
Oh and i keep the back of the pegboard facing the audience as a little extra safety so if something were to come loose the odds of it facing the audience is greatly reduced

Jay_
06-26-2023, 09:23 PM
Same, I have used pegboard racks for several years now. Depending on angles, I can typically cram 18 35mm comets on one without any problems.

Even completely loaded they are extremely lightweight so my back gets a little break on them when toting them around.

I use a zip tie on both top and bottom.

Amweihe
06-26-2023, 09:41 PM
Thank you all I am the one with Question. Thanks a lot for advice

Jay_
06-26-2023, 09:52 PM
The main reason that I use 2 zip ties is to keep my angles locked in. By the time they bounce around in the back of my truck on the way to the shoot site, they will be all over the place if I don't have a couple of zip ties and a tight grip on them.

Engineer Cat
06-26-2023, 10:13 PM
Yep I use a similar setup.

In case you didn't know, the eport cap should be put back on to keep the initiator nice and secure.

topshelfpyro
06-26-2023, 10:27 PM
Yep when I don't have enough craigco racks I have to resort to these as well......eyebolts on each end and drive rebar thru into the ground

jknepp1954
06-27-2023, 09:17 AM
LOVING IT - KEEP THE IDEAS GOING!
WITH Kneppy's Fireworks now selling Pro Line including slices and single shots - this will give my son George new ideas with some of the shows he does. Thanks guys/gals!