PDA

View Full Version : 1.4G Professional Fireworks

Knightmare
06-21-2023, 11:31 PM
I have a question regarding the professional line of consumer fireworks, which I hate even asking. It must be asked here though.

My question is, how long will this line of fireworks last for consumers? You know someone is going to be ruining it for everyone.

Engineer Cat
06-24-2023, 02:38 AM
You might want to review this post called 1.4 pro in peril. It's solid conversation about what people in the industry, the APA, and us advanced enthusiasts are discussing about it.

https://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?9635-1-4-pro-in-peril

jknepp1954
06-24-2023, 07:42 AM
JUST NOW GOT EMAIL FROM THE TOP - NATIONAL FIRWORKS ASSOCIATION:

 https://www.dropbox.com/s/37592e3lwoxmpal/NFA%20Consumer%20Fireworks%20Identification%20Guid e%206.23.23.pdf?dl=0

topshelfpyro
06-24-2023, 09:12 AM
The way that reads a PGI shooters course isn't enough, you "have" to have the complete "PGI license"..............boooooooooo

I really hope that is not the case. I've talked to 1 vendor and they said they are not changing their requirements currently but will have those discussions after the 4th.

jdels
06-24-2023, 12:05 PM
Section 1, E seems pretty wide open as to determining 'professional'. Dave's AP cert would certainly count.

BMoore
06-24-2023, 08:12 PM
The e-mail came from the NFA. I believe it is the APA that may have a different agenda in mind depending on who you talk to.

displayfireworks1
06-24-2023, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=jdels;78854]Section 1, E seems pretty wide open as to determining 'professional'. Dave's AP cert would certainly count.[/QUOTE

Thanks Pyrotalk has been doing this Articles of Pyrotechnic certificate training since 2018 without incident . I welcome more distributors and retail location to sign on. Like Miss Cleo use to say "Call me Now". LOL

Engineer Cat
06-25-2023, 01:58 AM
The way that reads a PGI shooters course isn't enough, you "have" to have the complete "PGI license"..............boooooooooo

I really hope that is not the case. I've talked to 1 vendor and they said they are not changing their requirements currently but will have those discussions after the 4th.

I guess we can all read this differently, but from I read, training such as Dave's simple course that pretty much explains 1.4pro and how not to blow yourself up with it, is perfectly fine if the distributor is using such a certification to confirm they are not selling 1.4pro to an inexperience pyro. What I read says NO CHANGE. The vendors can't sell it on the showroom floor... which they don't.. and they want the vendor to receive some sort of competence that the buyer has some sort of basic pyro training. If vendors want to go rouge and sell to anyone, they they are breaking the law. I don't see that happening because it's a new income for vendors that normally only deal in 1.4g.

Mostly I read information helping vendors to recognize that they might have 1.4pro on the shelves because of the confusion in labels so they should make sure they keep that product in the back.

Also there is no PGI "License" They have no jurisdiction over anything. They just help promote the best practices when shooting professional displays. PGI Display Operators Course is just a certification but is the most PGI provides to certify a shooter. ATF never even asked me if I had one during my interview. It doesn't matter to them because they aren't in the business of telling people they can shoot display fireworks, they only authorize you to be able to buy them and transport them, not shoot them. Some states (like mine) require you to have a Blasters License if you are shooting pro shows via a firing system. Other states like PA do not. AND you don't need an ATF 54 permit or a PGI DOC to get a NJ Blasters license..... go figure....