PDA

View Full Version : Firework prices

patsy
06-18-2023, 09:21 PM
Is it just me or did the price of fireworks insanly go up again? Hope it will eventually go back down to the norm. Stay well out there fellow pyros.

jamisonlm3
06-19-2023, 02:07 AM
What are you using as an indicator for price increases you're seeing? From my perspective, prices jumped dramatically in 2020 and have stayed high ever since.

BMoore
06-19-2023, 08:34 AM
For me, prices were roughly in line with 2022 or some decreases. A lot of product available to buy this year were actually distributor orders from 2020-2021 that just started arriving last fall thanks to all the supply chain disruptions. That means a lot of the pandemic level pricing is still built in. I don't think we will ever see pre-pandemic pricing again but I don't expect massive year over year increases either. At a minimum the lower shipping costs should start getting passed down to consumers.

RalphieJ
06-19-2023, 09:15 AM
My Mom & Pop shop have stated that they're holding the line on their popular items.

jknepp1954
06-19-2023, 09:57 AM
We were actually interviewed this morning from a local city paper - and that was one of the questions.
I can only answer for our company - most pricing we kept the same from last yr. Only because not only us - but hundreds of other companies are still setting on a ton of product from last year - at the higher pricing. We have seen some price reductions here and there where we could. I can maybe count on 5 fingers where pricing went up....but only a smidge

Rick_In_Tampa
06-20-2023, 06:06 PM
Is it just me or did the price of fireworks insanly go up again? Hope it will eventually go back down to the norm. Stay well out there fellow pyros.

I priced out the items I used last year to see what it would cost me this year to do the exact same show. There was a 60% increase over what I paid last year! Solidified my decision to not do a show this year.

BMoore
06-21-2023, 12:16 AM
60% increase?! Holy cow. I just checked several of my items that are repeat purchases from last year and the highest increase was 13%. A couple were around 10% and most were no change. In total I spent almost the same as last year but actually have more product. More importantly I was able to get everything I wanted this year.

Engineer Cat
06-21-2023, 01:28 AM
I spent about $300 less than I did last year and have more product. BUT this is due to having generous members in our pyro club that are vendors. They give us wholesale pricing with A and B list pricing with no minimums. Depending on the time of year they may also throw an additional 15 to 20% off. A few are sponsors here. Needless to say, I no longer buy retail.