PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 Pro quick match

Salutecake
06-18-2023, 09:19 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows what kind of quick match they are using or allowed to use on the new 1.4 pro stuff?

cduesman
06-18-2023, 11:00 AM
The "new" 1.4 pro stuff is APA 87-1 stuff defined at https://www.americanpyro.com/apa-standard-87-1
It's actually from 2018, it just took that long to go through the process.

I didn't see quick match fuse explicitly listed by itself as a device type. It's mentioned a few times.

Most pro (87-1C) categories have a "Ignition fuse permitted" y/n and "Electric igniter permitted" y/n section.

Only the consumer section (87-1A) mentions the "The fuse burning time from ignition of the tip of the fuse to ignition of
the device shall be at least 3 seconds but not more than 9 seconds."

Not sure if you were asking about stand alone quick match or quick match used on various products.

Chris

Salutecake
06-18-2023, 01:04 PM
I was just looking at one of the 1.4 products (cake) I picked up. It looks like it's ported to a quick match type of fuse, so I was just wondering if it is the same as the 1.3 stuff, or something else.

Engineer Cat
06-18-2023, 01:19 PM
Only the consumer section (87-1A) mentions the "The fuse burning time from ignition of the tip of the fuse to ignition of
the device shall be at least 3 seconds but not more than 9 seconds."

Chris

The 1.4pro are instant fire so having a 3 to 9 second delay just wouldn't be acceptable to anyone using them for pyromusicals which is what most are using them for. I'm pretty sure the reason 1.4pro was created was to keep people from having to rewire and dissect cakes to get the effects and timing they needed. White / Gray quick fuse is .03 - 1 foot burn per second so I would think at the minimum they would use that if they are not using quick match being it's regulated by the ATF. My guess is since it's not coated in black powder like quick match they are able to be used in 1.4pro and have near instant fire. Now I'm curious what's connected to the eports in the 1.4pro Wizard and Raccoon products I'll be using in my show this year. It better not have 3 second delay or I need to rewrite my script. ;)

Birdman
06-18-2023, 02:55 PM
It better not have 3 second delay or I need to rewrite my script. ;)

It will be instant fire. Many of Dave's DF1 line have eports and appear to use the same fuse used in 1.4 pro. I was always a little confused by this since I thought this type of fusing wasn't allowed in consumer cakes and was one of the reasons we had the 1.4pro classification.

Robbro097
06-18-2023, 09:43 PM
The wizard 1.4 and other a.p. items i have from dominator and pyro fortune appear to b the extremely fast gray perchlorate (as iv heard) infused strings as opposed to traditional black powder infused blackmatch/quickmatch.

Engineer Cat
06-18-2023, 10:57 PM
It will be instant fire. Many of Dave's DF1 line have eports and appear to use the same fuse used in 1.4 pro. I was always a little confused by this since I thought this type of fusing wasn't allowed in consumer cakes and was one of the reasons we had the 1.4pro classification. Good cause that's what I was expecting.

The wizard 1.4 and other a.p. items i have from dominator and pyro fortune appear to b the extremely fast gray perchlorate (as iv heard) infused strings as opposed to traditional black powder infused blackmatch/quickmatch.

That's what I figured it was. Thanks!

Salutecake
06-19-2023, 03:27 PM
That's what prompted this question, I saw it on som raccoon pro stuff, that I just got and was wondering, it looked like quickmatch, but perhaps it's more what Arclight added.