PDA

View Full Version : Texas Fireworks Law & Churches

FinnAmerican
06-14-2023, 07:01 PM
Texas State Fireworks Laws states Fireworks cannot be discharged within 600 feet from a Church....So two neighbors set up their own Churches on their property. Properly named, "Faith United Cowboy Church" and "The Church of Peace and Quiet".
Texas law isn't specific on the exact definition of what a Church is. So they found a loophole.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-15-2023, 09:15 AM
Hmmmm--I would ask them if they carry a tax exemption as a Church and are registered with the state and local government? Also, what is their occupancy approval by the state fire marshal, parking limitations/approval for the property, scheduled meeting times, staff members, board of directors, are the incorporated in the state, who is their insurance carrier, etc, etc, etc.....two can play that game!!!

BMoore
06-15-2023, 09:25 AM
I saw that story and it is absolutely ridiculous. I see no way that this would ever stand up in court and should be considered an attempt to defraud since they've publicly stated that their intent is to prevent a business from operating and established their "church" after the fact. If that stands up then we should all be able to designate our house as a church to enjoy the tax benefits of being a non-profit.

Arclight
06-15-2023, 12:33 PM
I saw that story and it is absolutely ridiculous. I see no way that this would ever stand up in court and should be considered an attempt to defraud since they've publicly stated that their intent is to prevent a business from operating and established their "church" after the fact. If that stands up then we should all be able to designate our house as a church to enjoy the tax benefits of being a non-profit.

Maybe you can tip off the Westboro Baptist Church so that they can protest these new churches.