PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Preparations Underway

tonyr
06-10-2023, 01:13 PM
https://youtu.be/w6ZRl7CSsa8

This is a short video of product for my 2023 show. Mortars , comets, mines, and slices are pre-wired with MJG initiators. Still need to wire cakes. Show will be 10 min in duration with 4 songs approximately 2.5 mins each. My shoot site is 3 hours away so had to pre-wire as much as possible now even though show is a few weeks away. Not pictured are a some more racks with DR11 tubes that will have 100 canister shells.

Will be firing with Cobra Firing System (18R2 and 36M, and Audio Box) and ten 12 Cue Sequencers. The sequencers are in Step mode so will re-fire 10 of the 36M cues 12 times each which will step through each cue of the sequencers. This effectively gives me 146 cues to work with. Not ideal but is what I have to work with.

Script was created in Cobra Show Creator.

When shooting multiples on a cue I have wired in series with 6 items being the most on any cue.

Still have a Bilusocn 48 cue system which will fire the 100 canister shells in Rapid mode towards the end of the show.

All product is 1.4 pro from Wizard, Raccoon, Dominator, and Spirit of 76. except for 3 500g cakes and purchased from American Wholesale Fireworks.

Cakes - 45
Comets - 40
Flames - 13
Mines - 65
Dominator 62mm Preloads - 168
Canister Shells - 100
Slices - 26

PG2159
06-10-2023, 09:58 PM
Funny. I was just wondering where everyone’s progress is at. You seem to have it all ready to go. I feel like I have a lot of work to do. I build 20 10 shot DR11 racks already. Building out comet slices from “silver cascade” by shogun. Need to do just about everything. But tonight’s really the first night of hard work for a July 1. Nice work on your end thus far.

tonyr
06-10-2023, 11:49 PM
Thanks. Building 20 racks is quite a bit of work so you're well on your way too. Good luck with the slice builds. As far as progress, I had the option of waiting until about 4 days before my show to start wiring everything or do it early when I was visiting. Glad I did it this past week but took me from last Friday until Wednesday evening. Would have been hell doing it the week of my show. Now just have a few hours of work left (hopefully) and dry running my script and all that good stuff. Hope everything goes well with your setup and prep.

absolute42
06-19-2023, 07:35 PM
We have similar items. I will probably use zip tie method for some of the smaller 30mm comets.
Do you have any info on the M25 air bursts this year? I am unsure on the duration or timing of it.

tonyr
06-19-2023, 08:09 PM
No idea on the M25s this year. Depends on which video I watch. I've seen as high as 30 seconds. Last time I had the 100 shot version and that thing went up in about 5 seconds, all 100 shots. I've put the M25s in 2 places in my show where duration really won't matter to me just because I don't trust whether it will be 5 seconds or 30 seconds.

MontanaMike
06-22-2023, 11:38 PM
I have all my finale mortar racks loaded and fused, cakes all poked but not matched yet, soundtrack done last week, and script done as of last night. All that's left is to haul it to the field and match it up and pray for no rain.

Birdman
06-23-2023, 09:04 AM
My show came together rather quickly this year. I didn't even know what I was doing until until almost memorial day. I just knew at that point it wasn't going to be anything close to a major production. Purchased my product at Baddaboom when they had their big annual sale without much of a clue about what I wanted to do with it. I wasn't even planning on a soundtrack. When people found out I wasn't scripting the show to music they were disappointed. So in the course of a few hours over memorial day weekend I hobbled together some music and a script. Haven't done much else but I kept it as simple as possible so I should have plenty of time for the rest.

Engineer Cat
06-24-2023, 02:28 AM
My shows are relatively small compared to some of you guys. I've had my soundtrack ready back in Dec. It's only 2 songs and about 7 mins long but using 96 cues and 112 initiators. Tightened up the script last week and got Labels printed. 1.4pro comet racks made. Slice rack made. Some slices removed from comet cakes and rewired to shoot in different patterns. Rewired 4 whistling cakes to speed up the time and matched the single shot comets. Starting Monday I'll be matching everything after work and get them glued or screwed to boards. We also need to launch the dock / barge we anchor in the river and we have to put the boat in the water we move the "barge" around with. I also built 6 new 6 shot racks, 2 with DR9 and rebuilt an 12 shot excal poor mans rack. I'm stressed out a bit about the shells. Not really sure how I want to setup the racks to handle them. Some are 2 shots at a time some will be chains, so not fully satisfied with what I have planned for that when it comes to their layout.

PyroFL
06-24-2023, 02:54 PM
My shows are relatively small compared to some of you guys. I've had my soundtrack ready back in Dec. It's only 2 songs and about 7 mins long but using 96 cues and 112 initiators. Tightened up the script last week and got Labels printed. 1.4pro comet racks made. Slice rack made. Some slices removed from comet cakes and rewired to shoot in different patterns. Rewired 4 whistling cakes to speed up the time and matched the single shot comets. Starting Monday I'll be matching everything after work and get them glued or screwed to boards. We also need to launch the dock / barge we anchor in the river and we have to put the boat in the water we move the "barge" around with. I also built 6 new 6 shot racks, 2 with DR9 and rebuilt an 12 shot excal poor mans rack. I'm stressed out a bit about the shells. Not really sure how I want to setup the racks to handle them. Some are 2 shots at a time some will be chains, so not fully satisfied with what I have planned for that when it comes to their layout.

Hey Gene am stuck in town an extra day this weekend and have all of Sunday open if you need an extra set of hands on Sunday (tomorrow)

Let me know, rather be doing something then just hanging out all day at the hotel.