PDA

View Full Version : New Ignite 6 Cue Firing System

jamisonlm3
05-29-2023, 04:45 PM
I just saw spirit of 76's video of the ignite's new 6 cue (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueugwU0-KFA) firing system. They aren't even on ignite's website yet and there's no pricing information on 76's either. These look almost the same as another 6 cue system that's been on the market for a while. I noticed them (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tnt+fireworks+firing+system) on ebay around a year ago being sold for around $30. It makes me wonder if they're the same and if the can be use with the ignite app. I also wonder if the new 6 cue modules can be used in addition to the 6 normal ignite modules that's the current maximum.

PyroFL
05-29-2023, 05:01 PM
The coding that the ignite was built on will not let you add more than 6 modules.

If you ended up getting the ones off eBay they would have to be within the 48-bit cobra is using for their Bluetooth, think IP/Mac address for a direct match within the window they have setup. The Bluetooth platform there using isn’t like what you use to hook up your earbuds or JBL sound speaker.

I know they have new upgrades coming, time line am not to sure about.

jamisonlm3
05-30-2023, 12:46 AM
Why did they do that? Was the original goal 6 modules or was there another reason? What kind of upgrades are coming? Can you share any details at all?

PyroFL
05-30-2023, 10:47 AM
Why did they do that? Was the original goal 6 modules or was there another reason? What kind of upgrades are coming? Can you share any details at all?

First, I don’t work for cobra, am a chief engineer that’s a pyro that asks a LOTS of questions.

All the information I know is from cobra employees and/or from field testing the ignite system.

From cobra, “When designing IGNITE we thought, what can we do to make a system that would allow those who would never e-fire to fire a kick-ass show, and do it safer than they have ever done before. which is where IGNITE was born” Zach …

This system is $199 for 18 cues which is about right for any Bluetooth device.

Ignite was designed to be plug and play with some cobra features.

The product is, for the most part self-sufficient and really doesn’t need much technical support like Cobra does for pros and pyro enthusiast.

I know in the months to come you will be able to walk into large firework retailers and buy prebuilt shows that all you have to do is scan the QR code, hookup your ignite clips and you have a full show.

Ignite is built on the cobra platform with keeping in mind safety first, plug-n-play and the average consumer to the Pyro enthusiast that are not quite ready to go to the next level or will ever.

108 cues is a lot of cues for a show using the ignite system for under $1,200 vs $700 for 18 cue cobra pro system.

Both products I find amazing and fit in to the market place, they are designed for.

I’ve talked a lot of guys out of buying a cobra system as they really didn’t need it and more in the ignite system world.

Cobra should come up with splash page to help enthusiast pick the correct product for their personal needs.

Here is how I see it,

Ignite $199 for 18 cues up to $1,200 for 108 cues

- Use 1-2 times per year
- Pyro looking for plug-n-play with options to customize and do Pyro musicals with 1.4 product
- Families looking to shoot fireworks safer
- Novice to mid-level Enthusiasts

Cobra $700 for 18 cues to how deep are your pockets/sky’s the limit

- Advanced enthusiast to pro user
- Pyro who has taken the time to take classes
- May only shoot one large show per year to every weekend
- Buys wholesale by the pallet
- Shoots 1.4, 1.4 PRO up to 1.3 product

There is pros-n-cons to each one and depends what your needs/desires are for your show(s).

Personal I shoot one show per year and this year I have over 800 cues over 24 stations with 7 fire machines and 8 DMX lights. Obviously the ignite system wouldn’t work for me.

Then I have friends that shoot over 100 +/- cakes who also buy wholesale that use the ignite system and are super happy.

Like I said each product has its pros-n-cons.

Engineer Cat
05-30-2023, 06:20 PM
First, I don’t work for cobra, am a chief engineer that’s a pyro that asks a LOTS of questions.

All the information I know is from cobra employees and/or from field testing the ignite system.

From cobra, “When designing IGNITE we thought, what can we do to make a system that would allow those who would never e-fire to fire a kick-ass show, and do it safer than they have ever done before. which is where IGNITE was born” Zach …

This system is $199 for 18 cues which is about right for any Bluetooth device.

Ignite was designed to be plug and play with some cobra features.

The product is, for the most part self-sufficient and really doesn’t need much technical support like Cobra does for pros and pyro enthusiast.

I know in the months to come you will be able to walk into large firework retailers and buy prebuilt shows that all you have to do is scan the QR code, hookup your ignite clips and you have a full show.

Ignite is built on the cobra platform with keeping in mind safety first, plug-n-play and the average consumer to the Pyro enthusiast that are not quite ready to go to the next level or will ever.

108 cues is a lot of cues for a show using the ignite system for under $1,200 vs $700 for 18 cue cobra pro system.

Both products I find amazing and fit in to the market place, they are designed for.

I’ve talked a lot of guys out of buying a cobra system as they really didn’t need it and more in the ignite system world.

Cobra should come up with splash page to help enthusiast pick the correct product for their personal needs.

Here is how I see it,

Ignite $199 for 18 cues up to $1,200 for 108 cues

- Use 1-2 times per year
- Pyro looking for plug-n-play with options to customize and do Pyro musicals with 1.4 product
- Families looking to shoot fireworks safer
- Novice to mid-level Enthusiasts

Cobra $700 for 18 cues to how deep are your pockets/sky’s the limit

- Advanced enthusiast to pro user
- Pyro who has taken the time to take classes
- May only shoot one large show per year to every weekend
- Buys wholesale by the pallet
- Shoots 1.4, 1.4 PRO up to 1.3 product

There is pros-n-cons to each one and depends what your needs/desires are for your show(s).

Personal I shoot one show per year and this year I have over 800 cues over 24 stations with 7 fire machines and 8 DMX lights. Obviously the ignite system wouldn’t work for me.

Then I have friends that shoot over 100 +/- cakes who also buy wholesale that use the ignite system and are super happy.

Like I said each product has its pros-n-cons.

Well said Charles. Great explanation of what makes the systems different and who should be using them.

PyroFL
05-30-2023, 09:29 PM
You’re correct Chris it’s based and would assume it’s license to TNT without all the bells and whistles.

The TNT version is more less for the doctor next-door who picked all the top 10 cakes with the best reviews and puts a show on at the lake behind his house for his employees. (Inside joke)

Am sure cobra has locked the firmware from cross connecting for branding and possible cross talk.

The 76 one I have yet to see or asked about yet.

When I get time I’ll give Zach a call or email to see what the deal is in the next few days and report back.

On vacations at the moment and I’ve been told no work or firework calls … LOL

jamisonlm3
05-30-2023, 09:47 PM
These things look cute for simple quick fire. I don't think they do any confirmation on the pairing, so the first phone that looks for them pairs to them. (Not like an ignite i18 where you enter an ID to pair them.) They target a different audience. Don't they? They'e such a small and compact module. If these are sold for around $50, I think they'll sell better than 18 cue modules. At that point, it's basically the price of a 500g and more people might be willing to give it a try over spending $200.

PyroFL
05-30-2023, 10:48 PM
Don't they? They'e such a small and compact module. If these are sold for around $50, I think they'll sell better than 18 cue modules. At that point, it's basically the price of a 500g and more people might be willing to give it a try over spending $200.

Same but not

Same company
Same basic operation
Different market

- TNT, push to fire via of phone using cheaper Bluetooth license fees with limited range for under $50 and a few cues

- Ignite/cobra, push to fire, QR pre-program show/boxed, show creator, pyro musical option with long range Bluetooth license fees $199

They’re to me not even in the same ball park.

The TNT option for $50 is no more than personal safety and for pyros that like the feeling of pushing firer. Which doesn’t take them away from being a pyro but makes them a better and safer pyro.

I have no problem with any of the systems. You should do what’s within your budget and above all SAFE and have fun you family.

If it’s $50 system or $5,000+ system it does the same job in the end … it puts a smile on everyone’s face safely which is the most important of all!

I’ve talked to Cobra’s coders, programmers and top dogs. They’re on their game and they’re not going to cut corners.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-31-2023, 09:11 PM
The Cobra guys always show up at PGI and they have been very generous at loaning out their gear for people to try. Both their 18M's and their Ignite systems. I own a bunch of their 18M and associated products, but I tried out the Ignite equipment and really liked it. It's very simple to use and much MUCH cheaper than their high-end equipment. So, for the average Joe/Jane that just wants to do a reasonably sized "backyard" show and shoot it remotely for safety; but doesn't want to spend $5000 on a pro-level firing solution; the Ignite system is perfect. IMHO anyway...

displayfireworks1
06-28-2023, 04:43 PM
I have to adjust and lock this thread. It contained sensitive coding/security information. Some of the members of pyrotalk are very proficient in this area. LOL Thank you for your understanding.