PDA

View Full Version : Neighborhood Firework Shooting

FinnAmerican
05-25-2023, 12:22 PM
What are your views on lighting Aerial fireworks in a populated neighborhood?

displayfireworks1
05-25-2023, 02:54 PM
Be careful with canister shells. I had a neighbor complain something hit her window. Most likely part of those clay plugs.

jamisonlm3
05-25-2023, 06:17 PM
It's not ideal. I'd rather have a nice open field, away from homes and other buildings to shoot from. If there's grass, it'd be nice if it was freshly cut too. Speaking of clay plugs, I think I lost the place I used to shoot at because of them. After one night, they collected on a relative's roof. There were so many white spots, it looked like a flock of birds roosted above the roof. I offered to get it pressure washed, but was turned down.

Engineer Cat
05-25-2023, 07:24 PM
There's a lot of people around me that do this, but I don't. I'm the only one that knows any better around here. When someone lights something my wife comes out and says "was that you"... LOL It's never been me in my neighborhood, it's always these other clowns. And their products are shit. :D

Robbro097
05-25-2023, 07:33 PM
They light em in the middle of the street by me but i haven't done that in good 15 years lol. I shoot some 200g cakes and ball shells at my house but i have a much better ckearing than most about 100ft from my house and a lil over 150 to the road but i still dont light anything big here anymore

RalphieJ
05-26-2023, 10:49 AM
Nothing over 3"........

Rick_In_Tampa
05-26-2023, 06:37 PM
To put it nicely, it's pretty silly to light 500G cakes and mortars in the street in front of your house or in your driveway. Having said that, I'm guilty of doing it years ago. Doesn't make it any more brilliant.

Fireworks are actually legal now in Florida. The statute says you have to shoot in accordance with NFPA 1123. Problem is, the cops have no clue what NFPA 1123 is, and I'd be willing to bet the fire dept. isn't much better. Just gives the lawyers something to fight over later I guess.

Birdman
05-27-2023, 10:33 AM
When PA first legalized I use to shoot from my backyard almost every weekend in the summer, but so were many others. A few years ago my neighbor was battling brain cancer and the police started cracking down so stopped. Since then I only light some small fountains or a roman candles with no report when the grandchildren are over, but that's about it.