PDA

View Full Version : Magic Tape Feedback

displayfireworks1
05-25-2023, 07:58 AM
Hi Dave. Noticed in some of your older videos you using a paper carton sealing tape for fusing. Believe most of that tape is made in Southern Illinois. I work in the factory that makes it. I believe the version with synthetic rubber adhesive is preferred. There is a natural rubber version produced in Northern Michigan. First noticed IPG tape on a fuse/mortar tube site. Think that's really awesome.

I enjoy the videos Dave.

XXXXXX

Thanks for that inside information. What is that tape? Was the number one question I received on my video. Most of us buy the tape at Uhaul. Thanks for enjoying my videos .

Dave displayfireworks1
Warning
1. Do not call Dave’s Magic Tape anything other than Dave’s Magic Tape
2....Do not stare directly at Dave’s Magic Tape
3.... Most importantly, do not taunt Dave Magic Tape

BMoore
05-25-2023, 08:56 AM
I've bought directly from U-Haul which has been great and also bought some U-Haul tape off Amazon which was still good but didn't seem quite as sticky. I was wondering if there wasn't some counterfeit U-Haul tape out there. Makes sense that there might be two different versions.

MontanaMike
06-24-2023, 03:12 PM
Time for a little "Dave's Magic Tape" branding!

Birdman
08-29-2023, 10:54 AM
I've been meaning to post this but keep forgetting. I used this tape for the first time this year and I can say it was by far the best tape I've used and will not being using anything else from now on as far as pyro is concerned, or in many other applications. I had a roll sitting out and my father ripped a piece off and asked where I got the tape from. He was impressed with how sticky it was and easy it was to work with. Highly recommend!

Robbro097
08-30-2023, 12:50 PM
Daves magic tape is the real deal everytime i work with some1 new they are blown away by it i had a person who was wanting to help taring pieces off for me and i guess he stared directly at it because next thing i knew it was wrapped all over his hand and was trying to get it off lol. He was sticking pieces on his fingers and they touched eachother and once that stuff touches thats it like contact cement.

displayfireworks1
08-31-2023, 07:53 AM
Every time I let someone use a roll they seem to never return it. LOL As far as counterfeit Magic Tape. Years back U-Haul did try a different version, they received so much negative feedback they switched back. Who knows there may still may be versions of that batch out there? When I purchase I go directly to a U-Haul brick and mortar location. I used some just the other day to patch up some cakes that didn't fire. Had to cover up the poke hole we had the match it Worked great as usual.