PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 and 1.4Pro Backyard Show

PyroWalker
05-06-2023, 03:48 PM
Here are the links to my backyard show from last night. I started this show with the intention of it being a product dump for things I didn't want to store over the winter. However, I had bad weather on the shoot weekend thus delaying the show until last night. It kind of grew with more product and a better script. I am calling it the appetizer or teaser before my 2 larger shows this year. The second video is the simulation in Finale 3D side by side with the show video.

https://youtu.be/IPZ8YLFtG6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPZ8YLFtG6E

https://youtu.be/sVSY_zcLjUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVSY_zcLjUg

PyroFL
05-06-2023, 04:57 PM
GREAT SHOW!

You can do a lot with not much product if you take your time and think about it like you did.

I had thought leaving the fire machine on was a cool idea for the song change to keep going until I seen someone walk out there. "OH, guess thats not" I have a idea now for next year

Thanks for the video

Backyard Joe
05-06-2023, 05:27 PM
Very nice! Love watching the concept video side by side. Did you use strobe pots or were those DMX lights?

PyroWalker
05-06-2023, 06:13 PM
GREAT SHOW!

You can do a lot with not much product if you take your time and think about it like you did.

I had thought leaving the fire machine on was a cool idea for the song change to keep going until I seen someone walk out there. "OH, guess thats not" I have a idea now for next year

Thanks for the video

Yeah, that was me walking out there to fix it. They have a max leave on time of like 3-5 seconds I think. I was worried it was going to overheat and melt or explode the fuel can (Starter Fluid). I killed the machine, but then I had to turn it back on because they are all DMX wired in series, so the others wouldn't work without it having power. It just stayed off the rest of the show, which was probably better than the alternative. I have a spare that I will probably swap out for the rest of the season until I can figure why it was acting up. They are just the cheap Spray the Fire machines, but boy, are they are crowd pleaser!

PyroWalker
05-06-2023, 06:13 PM
Very nice! Love watching the concept video side by side. Did you use strobe pots or were those DMX lights?

Those were strobe pots at the beginning of the last song, and the red flashes in the middle were .5second Dominator Flame Bursts.

PyroFL
05-06-2023, 06:47 PM
Yeah, that was me walking out there to fix it. They have a max leave on time of like 3-5 seconds I think. I was worried it was going to overheat and melt or explode the fuel can (Starter Fluid). I killed the machine, but then I had to turn it back on because they are all DMX wired in series, so the others wouldn't work without it having power. It just stayed off the rest of the show, which was probably better than the alternative. I have a spare that I will probably swap out for the rest of the season until I can figure why it was acting up. They are just the cheap Spray the Fire machines, but boy, are they are crowd pleaser!

Idea is put them all on a kill switch, I have all of mine group together on one switch for an emergence. Never had to use it but I do have it if need be.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09N37CKX4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Hooked up to this

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-10-Outlet-2-USB-Heavy-Duty-Power-Strip-with-Circuit-Breaker-LTS-10Z2300-2U/319526965

Then thats all hookup to a ups battery backup that's plugged into a inverter generator

PyroWalker
05-06-2023, 07:48 PM
Idea is put them all on a kill switch, I have all of mine group together on one switch for an emergence. Never had to use it but I do have it if need be.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09N37CKX4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Hooked up to this

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-10-Outlet-2-USB-Heavy-Duty-Power-Strip-with-Circuit-Breaker-LTS-10Z2300-2U/319526965

Then thats all hookup to a ups battery backup that's plugged into a inverter generator

I will have to find a way to run something like that up to where I sit. The problem is the power source is down and away from the audience. I do use a kill switch like that when testing them.

PyroFL
05-06-2023, 09:06 PM
I will have to find a way to run something like that up to where I sit. The problem is the power source is down and away from the audience. I do use a kill switch like that when testing them.

A few years back our first year with the fire machines we had the power running round outside the screen porch around the pool area when testing. Come show time and the mosquito were getting in from the door being open so we moved it to outside outlet.

Come show time, the first DMX trigger happen and blew the breaker, reset the breaker and unplugged the extra yard lights we had plugged in, DMX trigger happen again and blew the breaker again ... this is all happening during the show ... I ran the cable into the screen porch area closer to the door and when the DMX trigger it blew again. Now am thinking wiring problem or short

At this point I said forget about it!! :mad:

What ended up happening is the outside plug was wired to the pool pump that was on a timer to clean at the same time the show was going on and it couldn't handle the amperage, then we found out the GFI for the screen porch by the pool was bad.

Lesson learned, backup for backup for backup, test test test

Engineer Cat
05-07-2023, 02:12 AM
Great job on the show. Did the rack tip over at 2:58 when those 3 shells shot to the left behind the house? I thought that's what cause the low break at 3:12 but the shell might have tagged the tree and the tree said, nope! I don't think so. :D

A few years back our first year with the fire machines we had the power running round outside the screen porch around the pool area when testing. Come show time and the mosquito were getting in from the door being open so we moved it to outside outlet.

Come show time, the first DMX trigger happen and blew the breaker, reset the breaker and unplugged the extra yard lights we had plugged in, DMX trigger happen again and blew the breaker again ... this is all happening during the show ... I ran the cable into the screen porch area closer to the door and when the DMX trigger it blew again. Now am thinking wiring problem or short

At this point I said forget about it!! :mad:

What ended up happening is the outside plug was wired to the pool pump that was on a timer to clean at the same time the show was going on and it couldn't handle the amperage, then we found out the GFI for the screen porch by the pool was bad.

Lesson learned, backup for backup for backup, test test test

This comes to mind..

PyroWalker
05-07-2023, 04:04 AM
Great job on the show. Did the rack tip over at 2:58 when those 3 shells shot to the left behind the house? I thought that's what cause the low break at 3:12 but the shell might have tagged the tree and the tree said, nope! I don't think so. :D

This comes to mind..
Actually, it was a 500g Maltese Ring cake by Dominator. There were 3 of those cakes in the show and one of them completely busted apart. The other low break was the same cake from a different position. I thought it tagged the tree also, but when I was cleaning up, the cake was also “loose” so I think they were just bad cakes. If, and that’s a big if…. I use those cakes again, I will tape the cake for better integrity. They were secured down to not tip, but they literally broke apart.
More than likely, if I need a ring effect next time, I’m using shells.

Engineer Cat
05-07-2023, 11:25 PM
Actually, it was a 500g Maltese Ring cake by Dominator. There were 3 of those cakes in the show and one of them completely busted apart. The other low break was the same cake from a different position. I thought it tagged the tree also, but when I was cleaning up, the cake was also “loose” so I think they were just bad cakes. If, and that’s a big if…. I use those cakes again, I will tape the cake for better integrity. They were secured down to not tip, but they literally broke apart.
More than likely, if I need a ring effect next time, I’m using shells.

Ahhh, pretty good ring cake if they stayed together. Didn't matter in the long run though. Shows was great.