PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 Interview Happening Today!

firefighter5145
05-03-2023, 08:53 AM
Hey guys, interview with the investigator is scheduled for this morning. I’ve tried to prepare the best I can with having all of the referenced documents (ATF Orange Book, NFPA 23, State laws, etc.) in my binder along with a few questions written down for the investigator. He said to allocate 4 hours of time but I’m hoping things go smoothly and class can get out early! Wish me luck

Salutecake
05-03-2023, 09:48 AM
Good Luck firefighter! For some reason I am the unlucky guy that ends up with the 4 to 5 hour interview, lol. but it's really nothing, My only recomendations is to let them do all the talking and you just nod your head.
They do a so called live interview, computer live, basically going through your application and other literature they bring -so it takes a while.
The hard part was getting to the interview stage, the second hardest part is keeping your mouth closed during the interview, lol.

Hey I think in Delaware you can get a hooters certificate from the State by taking a test, 25 bucks or something like that. If it is Delaware probably something to eventually look into.

Again Good Luck.

displayfireworks1
05-03-2023, 10:32 AM
Good Luck firefighter! For some reason I am the unlucky guy that ends up with the 4 to 5 hour interview, lol. but it's really nothing, My only recomendations is to let them do all the talking and you just nod your head.
They do a so called live interview, computer live, basically going through your application and other literature they bring -so it takes a while.
The hard part was getting to the interview stage, the second hardest part is keeping your mouth closed during the interview, lol.

Hey I think in Delaware you can get a hooters certificate from the State by taking a test, 25 bucks or something like that. If it is Delaware probably something to eventually look into.

Again Good Luck.

This is what I tell people. It is an educational event. Don't put the ATF Inspector on a quiz show with a lot a questions that don't pertain to what he is telling you. I don't have access to my list at the moment but I if remember correctly Delaware may be a sparsely populated ATF Explosive licensed state. I believe my second ATF interview back in the day was three hours long.
One a side note Delaware may be one of those states with that requires those goofy ass New England racks. LOL That will not pertain to you if you are not in commerce.

esgrillo
05-03-2023, 03:01 PM
G

Lol, true, loose lips sink ships when it comes to this stuff.

Just let them talk, answer only specifically what they ask, and when there is awkward silence, remember that is on them. ;)

Engineer Cat
05-04-2023, 09:20 PM
So how did it go??

firefighter5145
05-15-2023, 10:43 AM
Everything went well, interview lasted about 2.5 hours. Investigator was very professional and thorough with the process. Just received the license in the mail. So add one more to the list!

Arclight
05-15-2023, 11:38 AM
Everything went well, interview lasted about 2.5 hours. Investigator was very professional and thorough with the process. Just received the license in the mail. So add one more to the list!

Nice work! It's very satisfying to be able to pull out your notebook and point to the section you have printed out if they ask your if you are familiar with the local laws, state laws, safety procedures, etc.

displayfireworks1
05-15-2023, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the update email. When we didn't hear from you after the interview I thought for sure the ATF talked you into withdrawing the application. Glad you are now ATF licensed. The ATF licensing process actually went pretty fast on yours.