PDA

View Full Version : Ignite Smartphone Fireworks Firing System Sale

displayfireworks1
04-30-2023, 05:49 PM
Ignite Smartphone Fireworks Firing System Sale 04/28/23/ to 05/05/23
https://www.ignitefiringsystems.com/
The folks at Cobra/Ignite wanted me to get the word out to my YouTube subscribers for the Ignite Smartphone Fireworks Firing System. The are also looking to add these for sale in fireworks retail locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmEwUCrIKdQ

pyromd
05-02-2023, 01:25 AM
Great stuff and highly recommended. A step below the Cobra system but still provides you with up to 6 modules.

jamisonlm3
05-02-2023, 01:56 AM
IMHO, this is the system that should be avertised to people looking to buy AP. The cobra should be targeted to companies looking to upgrade older equipment. Instead, they're wanting stores to carry it? I don't know how that's going to work out, but it is a big step up from the firefly. No resistance wire igniters and it doesn't use 8 alkaline D batteries.

Engineer Cat
05-04-2023, 09:27 PM
IMHO, this is the system that should be avertised to people looking to buy AP. The cobra should be targeted to companies looking to upgrade older equipment. Instead, they're wanting stores to carry it? I don't know how that's going to work out, but it is a big step up from the firefly. No resistance wire igniters and it doesn't use 8 alkaline D batteries.

Na the ignite is a toy. Any device using a smart phone as the main communication module isn't reliable as a pro system. It's a great little device for backyard enthusiast but not for advanced users.

jamisonlm3
05-05-2023, 01:49 PM
I have to disagree. The firefly is a toy of a firing system. Ignite is a good system for someone who wants to do a more advanced show than what can be done with fuse alone or one of the cheap 12 cue chinese systems. To me, that is the advanced user. They're someone that's moved up and now are poking cakes, building rakes and want more precision in their shows.

pyromd
05-11-2023, 11:46 PM
Na the ignite is a toy. Any device using a smart phone as the main communication module isn't reliable as a pro system. It's a great little device for backyard enthusiast but not for advanced users.

What do you consider an advanced user? We've shot 1.4pro / 1.3 using Ignite and never had an issue? Designed and developed by the folks from Cobra so it's quality.

Engineer Cat
05-16-2023, 02:43 AM
I have to disagree. The firefly is a toy of a firing system. Ignite is a good system for someone who wants to do a more advanced show than what can be done with fuse alone or one of the cheap 12 cue chinese systems. To me, that is the advanced user. They're someone that's moved up and now are poking cakes, building rakes and want more precision in their shows.

This is just a better version of the Firefly because you can use either talons or initiators instead of its proprietary "ignitor clips". But it's pretty much the same thing. You can script music with the Firefly as well, so don't know why you would consider the Ignite would be in a different category than the Firefly. Both rely on a cell phone as the controller, which, in my opinion, deems it a toy. You want a "toy" drone, you get one that uses a cell phone as the remote control. Get an "advanced" drone and you got a designated remote to control it. I say this because a cellphone can be manipulated to do many things, but it's not DESIGNED to do those particular things.

What do you consider an advanced user? We've shot 1.4pro / 1.3 using Ignite and never had an issue? Designed and developed by the folks from Cobra so it's quality.

Poking caked and building racks doesn't make anyone an advanced user. Knowing how to safely do that, and the reasons why, is how you get to that level. There's plenty off clowns on youtube that want to call themselves "advanced users" or "pros" that don't follow any standards to protect themselves (or others) when cutting fuse with a regular pair of scissors or poking cakes with something that could spark, or the way they shoot shows in general. I see people on youtube that hoid 54's and it makes me cringe because of the unsafe practices they are posting videos of when they should know better. I was a novice at one point and man.... so much bad info out there for pyros that I know now after years of talking with other experienced pyros and learning as much as I can about it. Also, it doesn't matter that you have used the ignite to shoot 1.3, because a 9v battery and an initiator can shoot 1.3 so that's not really a point.

Just because it's a Cobra product? Ehhh many would disagree. Cobra might be the most popular but that doesn't mean they are the best at what they do. Plenty of people here can debate that. I question why they would spend the money in R&D to build a non pro system when there are many things they can do with the current pro system, that's been around for years, that can use a serious facelift to make it less clunky and more user friendly. I also question the makers of the firing system I use for some of their choices in R&D. That's just the nature of the beast though.

The Ignite "KIT" comes with clip on Ignitors because they know they are not selling it to advanced users. You can use initiators because your "more advanced" but that does not make it a "pro" system in which for Dave's AOP certification requires it to be. And this really all comes down to the liability that Dave ends up taking on by making arrangements with vendors to prove the people he provides AOP certs to are knowledgeable so that the liability doesn't fall back on the vendor for selling products to people that should not have them.

I would say your best bet, if you feel you should be able to buy 1.4Pro product because you are a well educated pyro, would be to show the vendor your PGI DOC. At least then the vendor knows you have had formal training and should be able to use the product safely and as intended. AND a plus is... it wont matter what system you use to E fire shows because that's irrelevant if you have had formal training.

I'm in no way trying to talk down on anyone here, or say, you shouldn't use this system. I'm just stating my opinions that these are the things I've learned or come across learning how to pyro as safe as I can. We all want to do this for a long time but the medium we use is well..... hazardous..... so places like this forum are incredibly valuable to those of us that don't want our family's to say at our funerals..... "WELL he/she loved what they were doing...... "

jamisonlm3
05-16-2023, 10:50 PM
The firefly is a toy because of a couple of things IMHO. It can only be used with their own proprietary clip on igniters unless you modify them. Another reason and possibly the one I think is even worse is the use of 8 D cell batteries unless you fork up for the rechargeable base plate. The reason it's so big is because they have to fit those batteries in it. I can only imagine how many are going to be killed by leaky alkalines in the future.

I actually don't disagree with you on the danger aspect. There are alot of people on youtube and other sites that don't really know what they're doing or just how dangerous it is for them and others. At the same time, I still stand behind what I said. The advanced user is poking cakes and building racks. Even the guys with their permit doing dangerous things. I bet everyone on this forum has done something sketchy with fireworks at one point.

The clip on igniters that come with each ignite modules look eerily similar to the ones that cobra sells. I think they might actually be the same ones, honestly. Either way, because you aren't locked into using just them, like with the Firefly, is one reason I think the Ignite system is a decent little system. I certainly don't think it's a toy.

pyromd
05-16-2023, 11:37 PM
Gene,

Agree with 110% when it comes to bad information being out there. I've learned more doing 1.3 shows than I have from any of the yahoo's who have videos out there that some people idolize (think CodyB) who does nothing safely. With that said, my biggest thing is the fact that no one currently offers anything that truly prepares folks for 1.4pro. I agree, being able to poke a cake, etc. does not make you a professional but it does make a bit more advanced than many others.

Having a PGI cert does not make you a pro IMHO. I have it and not much in the PGI course prepares you for 1.4pro. It provides you knowledge on 1.3 and some of it applies to 1.4pro but there is nothing out there that centers around 1.4pro.

Having knowledge of Cobra or Ignite or any firing system does not make you a pro. To be quite honest being a professional does not require you to have any knowledge of any firing systems in my opinion. Knowing how to be safe and the "laws" around firing whatever you are firing safely is what makes you more professional. With all that said, it should not matter what firing system you are using.

Getting back to using any electronic systems such as Ignite with a mix of other things are valid questions that even "advanced" members of the community can have. I've shot 1.3 both electronically and by hand fire but for personal use I use Ignite and I'm interested to see how far I can take it. Being certified and getting 1.4pro items and knowing how to use them is a plus but there is still a major gap between having a PGI cert and really knowing what to do with 1.4pro stuff.

More and more items are using Bluetooth technology which is why using a phone makes it more available to the regular person with a lower price to buy in. Just because someone knows how to use a Fireone, Firelinks, cobra, etc. does not make them a pro. Ignite is intended for a more advanced user and the fact that you can easily use it with other 3rd party items makes thinks nicer. Anyone purchasing one who knows something about firing systems knows they are getting something that might not be "professional" but is more advanced than others. It fits a good medium and the folks at Cobra were smart to introduce it to fill a need.

BMoore
05-18-2023, 08:36 AM
Whether or not you are a pro or advanced user shouldn't be defined by what firing system you own period. I know of some guys who are an encyclopedia of fireworks knowledge who have no interest in a firing system. I know guys, myself included, who made the move to 1.3 with nothing more than a Chinese firing system. An advanced user knows how to fuse AP cakes so as to not need a firing system at all.

Having said all that, if you are using a person's firing system to vet them on whether they are qualified to purchase 1.4pro then I would say Ignite should be excluded. The simple fact is, that system is marketed towards backyard users, not professionals. 1.4 Pro is designed for professionals. With nothing else to go on, it makes sense to try to match the professional product with a professional system. There will always be exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking, a person who has invested in Cobra, FireTek, etc. is much more likely to be an advanced user than someone who only has an introductory firing system. There is a big difference between assigning qualifications to purchase something vs. defining who is more advanced than who.

jamisonlm3
05-19-2023, 11:12 PM
I don't think people should be judged on the system they own either. It's not a good indicator of how much knowledge or experience a person has. Simply owning a cobra or similar system doesn't make you a professional or even an advanced user.

You have to wonder how many started out with one of those cheap chinese systems. They're basic and do work, but if you want to do a longer and more complex show, you need a better system. I think the ignite system is that. Because it exists, many may not feel they need to jump straight up to a cobra or another system anymore. That wasn't the case until a couple of years ago.

Depending on how far ignite's development goes, it might become one heck of a little system. I highly doubt it'll ever rival it's big brother, but I could see it filling the niche between the cheap chinese systems and more professional systems. Just because it's marketed to consumers doesn't mean it's not worth considering. I still think it'll be a tough sell in stores, though. Most people that see them will probably ask themselves why buy that when you can buy fireworks.

morrison2951
05-20-2023, 08:06 AM
Hey, I've been told by my neighbors that my backyard, closed golf course fairway shows "look like Disney" with my old 12 cue Quantum Fire!

Go figure....:cool: