PDA

View Full Version : First time long time in Little Rock

Bdog83
04-17-2023, 09:28 AM
Hello fellow pyros from the great state of Arkansas. Been a lurker and fan for 8 years or so, and my first time posting. I pretty much learned everything about wholesale fireworks and shooting a show from you guys over the years. My first wholesale was from victory that many years ago that I set up and fired with a homemade peg board attached to a Milwaukee battery and cat 5 wire. Only time I used talons and only clamped to fuse. Results were poor but fun nonetheless. I then made contact and became friends with a guy that has a large retail operation and used to wholesale locally. He has hooked me up every year and still buys a few crates of winda and magnus. I’ve also started shooting small shoots for another local retailer that I can add to his orders for myself. Selection is limited from my local guy and looking to find a better connection without having to drive 7 hours for pickup. I generally purchase 50+ cases and have been looking at the early discounts around. I’ve done quite a bit of fusing in the past, but looks like I will have to go to larger cakes as fuse prices seem to have skyrocketed. I have shot shows for churches and myself using only the cheap 4cue systems, and really needing to upgrade as there seems to be always a bad cue each year due to the receivers getting damp or not reading the signal. Even so, I’ve blown all my spectators out of the water with the best shows they’ve ever seen. I’ve got the fever this year after one of my best shoots last year on limited selection and crappy systems. Please help me out to step up my game this year and point me in the right direction to spread the funds farther. This was my shoot setup for last year in my backyard, please critique. 6546654565466547654865496550

FBlaster
04-17-2023, 05:05 PM
I did the fusing thing two years ago and thought it was amazing. Then I ended up getting the Mongoose firing system. I never felt like I got the timing on fusing down as well as a computer controlled firing system. Fell in love with and never plan to go back to fusing. I know a lot of people on here use the Cobra system. I just got my 54 and put in my first big boy order and the price I feel was amazing compared to what I spent on 1.4 product. I will still use some of the 1.4 in my shows as filler but going from about 150 canister shells to around 350 2.5" & 3" display shells this year.

displayfireworks1
04-17-2023, 08:09 PM
At Bdog83, lurking for 8 years , that is long time. Glad we taught you something and glad you finally joined in. There are many fireworks enthuist that read the forums without joining and when they are ready to join and comment its great. The upside of joining and signing into your account to allows you to see all the documents and pictures. It is great that you also posted pictures. Do the best you can with the budget you have. Instead of the time and energy of driving 7 hours to pick your fireworks up , particularly at 50 cases, consider some of the fireworks distributor that advertise with me and have everything shipped to you. Check out some of banners you see popping or go to the pyrotalk Sponsor Page for the complete list.
On a side note. Now that you posted some pictures of the firing modules you are using They appear to be the ones that are programmable. Are you aware of what I am asking and how some of that works? Also, I see electric match. How do you connect the electric match to your product?

Bdog83
04-18-2023, 09:35 AM
Yes I do program the systems to shoot several stations simultaneously. I have been looking at wfboom and seeing if the shipping cost are worth ordering now and getting the 40% discount. I’m assuming shipping 50 cases from Ohio will cost over 500. I plug all my cakes except the ones like the pyro spectacular that have a port. The pyro spectacular instantaneous 20 shots and their fans were the best thing I’ve ever shot. Wish I could get more of that.

PG2159
04-18-2023, 09:20 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, best scenario you spend $100/case, "ballpark", and at 50 cases, on the absolute lowest end possible $5,000 in product. If your willing to spend that much in product I would think that you would want to invest in more than the 12-cue system. There are controllers that can control several hundred of those 4-cue modules. But it really depends on what you want to get out of it. Pyromusical? need a need a better firing system than than. There's several to choose from, just all depends on what you want out of it. And if you have been in the shadows for 8 years, start with a reputable package and grow each year. I did a show last year with 12 cues, but made cake boards and fused the cakes of about 8-10 products. Worked great, and this year I'm up to 120 cues. This is your opportunity to be creative.

Also, 50 cases, conservatively lets say you need 300 e-match, if you go with the long ones its going to hit you ~300$ so don't forget to add that into your budget.