PDA

View Full Version : Fines for watching illegal Fireworks

FinnAmerican
04-12-2023, 12:21 PM
San Mateo County, California supervisors approve penalties for watching illegal fireworks.

People who attend illegal fireworks shows in San Mateo County would find themselves facing a fine, in addition to those who set off the fireworks, following a vote Tuesday by the county’s Board of Supervisors.

The board amended the county’s existing fireworks ordinance to make spectators of illegal fireworks subject to a fine of $500. Spectators are defined as anyone within 200 feet of an illegal fireworks discharge who is there to observe them. Repeat violators within 12 months of a prior citation would be fined $1,000.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-12-2023, 01:54 PM
Would someone please light a bunch of stuff on the southern border?

flashfuse
04-12-2023, 02:59 PM
Commiefornia .....................enough said!

displayfireworks1
04-12-2023, 05:38 PM
It still has to pass one more voting session. Which it probably will. This location looks down from San Francisco .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwH6wpb9lLs

esgrillo
04-12-2023, 07:48 PM
what if you said your eyes were closed

displayfireworks1
04-12-2023, 08:10 PM
I know in some states mere possession is not enough , they actually have to witness you lighting it. In some areas they are using this type of legal strategy to stop those impromptu car drag races. The want to charge you for just being at the event. Either way , then everyone appeals it . They schedule all the hearing for the same day at the local magistrate . The waiting room is full that day. Before the hearings start , the local magistrate comes out to the now full waiting room and says something along these lines to everyone. The fine is $500 or we can settle all this now without a hearing for a $100 fine and drop the charges on everyone. Now line your dumb asses up to the payment window.
They do this all the time out my way at this local outdoor concert venue and underage drinkers caught drinking at the event. The real trick for them is for you to learn a lesson, they make a little money and most importantly they want you to not further appeal and ties up the court system even further than what it is with this dumb BS.

Salutecake
04-13-2023, 11:20 AM
How about the cops when they come to arrest you, they had to watch them. And then testify that you did but they didn't?

PyroJoeNEPA
04-13-2023, 06:33 PM
How about the cops when they come to arrest you, they had to watch them. And then testify that you did but they didn't?

You mean like when a motorcycle cop pulls you over and writes you a ticket for not wearing a seat belt?

BMoore
04-14-2023, 08:41 AM
But officer, I wasn't watching anything. I'm only here to get video for the TNT Nail 'em app so that I can report this to you!

RalphieJ
04-14-2023, 10:15 AM
Bad laws are impossible to enforce.

KELLFIRE mike
04-14-2023, 10:21 AM
So if your neighbor decides on shooting fireworks without your knowledge.... you hear fireworks and go out on your property and watch the fireworks then the cops can come and fine you?! That's messed up.