PDA

View Full Version : 1.4g pro single shot racks/mounting solutions

barehm
04-01-2023, 06:20 PM
Was looking at buying a fair amount of 1.4g pro single shots for my show this year, but am waffling on the best rack options. Wasn't planning on sticking to a specific brand of firework, but dominator seems like it'll be a big chunk of what I end up with. I'm not extremely cost sensitive, but don't like wasting money. I was contemplating investing in a bunch of pyrolama gear to save space (and it's light). I had a chance to help with a show at PGI last year using them and was impressed, although everything we were mounting had bases that slid directly into the pyrolama.

What have others used? Or are people just making their own?

displayfireworks1
04-01-2023, 09:43 PM
There are people out there selling these types of racks. Unfortunately they choose not to be part of pyrotalk. Do an internet search or go with Spirit of 76 racks .

rthruska
04-02-2023, 01:13 AM
Was looking at buying a fair amount of 1.4g pro single shots for my show this year, but am waffling on the best rack options. Wasn't planning on sticking to a specific brand of firework, but dominator seems like it'll be a big chunk of what I end up with. I'm not extremely cost sensitive, but don't like wasting money. I was contemplating investing in a bunch of pyrolama gear to save space (and it's light). I had a chance to help with a show at PGI last year using them and was impressed, although everything we were mounting had bases that slid directly into the pyrolama.

What have others used? Or are people just making their own?

pyrolama is nice because it is light and can speed things up if you use the expensive italia product that has the correct base otherwise you have to use X holders which takes up more space/doesn't allow for as many shots at each angle. I currently use pyrolama with so76 italia product but it can get very expensive. Another good option which is a bit more universal are the craigco racks. The adjustable angles are nice so you could put half of the rack at 30 degrees instead of being limited to one row on the pyrolama at 30 then have to fill up the 15 and 45 degree angles. I think that if you are using mostly so76 product get pyrolama but if using dominator and other product craigco might be a better option