PDA

View Full Version : 1.3g class Firecrackers?

FinnAmerican
03-11-2023, 07:56 PM
Are there such thing as (1.3g) Firecrackers legally marketed in the US for use by licensed holders...? Just curious

gweilo
03-12-2023, 10:19 AM
Celebration strings (with the large crackers interspersed) come to mind.

Mattp
03-16-2023, 12:06 AM
Yes,, I haven’t seen them in a while,, I also haven’t looked for them,, but there are a few different 1.3g types out there,, these triangle ones, and also a small and large cracker ,, and if you really wanna get loud there are 3” ground salutes!! (3” shell with no lift charge)

RalphieJ
03-16-2023, 03:35 PM
Yes,, I haven’t seen them in a while,, I also haven’t looked for them,, but there are a few different 1.3g types out there,, these triangle ones, and also a small and large cracker ,, and if you really wanna get loud there are 3” ground salutes!! (3” shell with no lift charge)

Those 3" may be called "ground" salutes, but it would be best to suspend them at least a foot off the ground.
Speaking from experience............

PyroJoeNEPA
03-16-2023, 06:02 PM
Yes--that is what is used for the firecracker wall at PGI. Special order--look like a 1/4" x 3" spolette tube with a green visco fuse in them. Stout flash crackers. Search YouTube for videos from PGI over the years.

hatsgoods
04-22-2023, 04:18 AM
the ones that come to mind for me are called torpedoes the made them for water to sink to bottom of the water to go off.

halk
09-17-2023, 01:51 PM
I think the first PGI 'supersstrings' sort of evolved from individual members just hanging and shooting long strings and rolls of 2-grain crackers. Possibly some ICC's in the earliest conventions in the late '60's, but mostly DOT Class C Common Fireworks. I recall no Superstring in the 1980 Convention that I hosted. I don't know when the Guild began using Class B Special Fireworks in Superstrings. I know Class C were used in the 1989 Superstring because the wimpy 50 mg.(0.77 grain) things were still popping off as I helped clean up under it a week after the convention which I also hosted. I still have a hexhead of Flying Eagle crackers salvaged at the 2005 convention. These were obviously special ordered as they carry no U.S. markings, only "Warning Explosive". I think they were 3 grain, but have not taken one apart to weigh the charge. Somewhere along the line, the superstring builders started adding larger crackers to the Superstring.