PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Firmware Decision

jdels
03-05-2023, 12:51 PM
Recently scored a great deal an a 36M running 5.1.2. All my other gear is running 5.0.2. Trying to decide whether to put the 36M to 5.0.2 or bring all the other gear to 5.2.1. Is there anyone who has ran both with an opinion? I bought a programmer so I can do whatever. I script with excel if that matters.

Thanks!

Mattp
03-06-2023, 08:18 AM
Personally ,, I would just bring all of it to the most recent firmware ,, you have the reprogrammer,, it doesn’t take long,, so if your going to do some reprogramming anyway, might as well just do all of it to the most recent, I don’t think there was a big difference between 5.02 and 5.1.2, ,, but 6 has a few bug fixes and good new options

jdels
03-06-2023, 04:00 PM
Personally ,, I would just bring all of it to the most recent firmware ,, you have the reprogrammer,, it doesn’t take long,, so if your going to do some reprogramming anyway, might as well just do all of it to the most recent, I don’t think there was a big difference between 5.02 and 5.1.2, ,, but 6 has a few bug fixes and good new options

Thanks Matt, I'm leaning that way. I'll take a look at 6 maybe just go all the way to current, never considered that option.