PDA

View Full Version : My PyroJam 2023 Entries

Engineer Cat
03-01-2023, 03:41 AM
I submitted two shows for the PyroJam contest this year. The contest ends Saturday. It was my first time using Finale 3D. A bit of a learning curve but it's not that difficult to figure out. There was about 6 weeks from the time the contest was announced till the entry deadline.

Those of you who don't know about PyroJam it's an online contest using Finale 3D. They provide a free Finale 3D pro licenses for the length of the contest. They also give you a 20k budget and your show has to be a pyromusical between 9 and 10 mins long. They have a site layout with 53 positions you can shoot from. You are pulling effects from an online cataloged of products they already have in the inventory for the contest. The 3 finalists are invited to Maryland in Sept to see their shows shot live. They also vote to see who wins. There's some prize money involved but to me the prize is just to watch 20k in product that I scripted being shot in real life.

I know Scotty submitted an entry but not sure if anyone else here did. It would be great to see any one of us from here be a finalist so we can see the shows put on live. It looks like a fun weekend so I'm planning on going down there nominated or not.

Show #1 theme: Hope of a new day

Description: The only thing that is a constant in life is change. Change always brings hope; hope that things will be better, sure to be different this time around. It creates a feeling of empowerment, inspiration, and the hope of a new day.

https://vimeo.com/803355973

Show #2 theme: Interstellar Connectedness

Description: We are all made of star stuff. This would make us all connected to the universe...all connected to one another. People should live and let live because in the end, we are all one.

https://vimeo.com/803356328

displayfireworks1
03-01-2023, 12:31 PM
I know Finale Fireworks signed up on pyrotalk. It would be great if one of the pyrotalk forums members wins the contest. How soon after the contest ends will they announce the winner? It is amazing what is all out there for an advanced fireworks enthusiast. The technical gap between us a display company is getting smaller and smaller. They will probably always have more racks than we ever will. LOL

Engineer Cat
03-01-2023, 07:53 PM
I know Finale Fireworks signed up on pyrotalk. It would be great if one of the pyrotalk forums members wins the contest. How soon after the contest ends will they announce the winner? It is amazing what is all out there for an advanced fireworks enthusiast. The technical gap between us a display company is getting smaller and smaller. They will probably always have more racks than we ever will. LOL

Yes sir. Smaller and smaller for sure.

They didn't say when they will announce but they did mentioned in a forum thread on their website that it took them about 25 hours to review all the entries from last year. I believe they had roughly 100 entries last year.

Jim Jameson of Innovative Pyrotechnic Concepts in Maryland is the guy who envisioned this contest and his team physically puts the final show together at the shoot site. He's also the one assembling the judges who will score each show based on a points system.

I'm guessing about 2 weeks after the deadline there should be some results.

PyroWalker
03-05-2023, 10:18 AM
Here is my Entry:
https://youtu.be/v-cds4aaq4s

PyroWalker
03-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Yes sir. Smaller and smaller for sure.

They didn't say when they will announce but they did mentioned in a forum thread on their website that it took them about 25 hours to review all the entries from last year. I believe they had roughly 100 entries last year.

Jim Jameson of Innovative Pyrotechnic Concepts in Maryland is the guy who envisioned this contest and his team physically puts the final show together at the shoot site. He's also the one assembling the judges who will score each show based on a points system.

I'm guessing about 2 weeks after the deadline there should be some results.

They will announce sometime in April. Last year it was about a month after the end of the deadline before we heard a winner.